"So what is the general idea? About the retaliation," Draco asked as they walked to breakfast, their ties now the normal green and silver.

"First we need to go to their common room, then I think I found a spell about how to change the words in books, impermanently of course. I'm not that cruel. It will only last for about a week, and we'll leave their school books alone." Delilah sat down at the Slytherin table. "While I'm doing that, you can work on your art skills on a portrait here, then there's a Muggle tape that is super strong that if we cast the invisible charm on will make it impossible for them to see how we put it on the wall."

Draco nodded.

"That sounds great, but... um.... What's tape?

"You're joking, right?"

He studied his food and Delilah bit back a laugh.

"Don't worry, I'll show you when I get some. Lyra showed me a store that has some Muggle stuff."

He smiled, relaxing.

"Ok, is that it?"

Delilah shook her head.

"No, while you put that up, and I'm doing the weird word charm to the books, Daphne or someone will turn all the books in the mystery section — you remember how the books were sorted by genre — backwards so the spines are in the back."

Draco burst out laughing, attracting stares from the people around them.

"That's brilliant. When are we going to do it?"

Delilah frowned.

"Tomorrow I'm planning to go to Hogsmeade with Lyra, so let's wait until Sunday."

Draco nodded.

"That makes sense."

The next morning Delilah met Lyra in the Courtyard.

"Hey Eagle."

Lyra grinned, showing her gleaming white teeth that would make even Lockhart jealous.

"Hey Snake."

"Want to head off?" Delilah asked.

"Where do you want to head first?"

"Three Broomsticks, it's frigid. I really want a butterbeer. It sounds amazing."

"Sounds great."

They made their way to the Three Broomsticks, laughing and joking. Despite the jokes, Delilah felt a sort of awkwardness in the air.

"You want to talk about the elephant?" Delilah asked when they got their butterbeers.

"I don't see any elephants," Lyra said, looking around the room.

Delilah rolled her eyes.

"You know what I mean."

She grinned, staring at her butterbeer.

"Fine, you want to talk about the prank war?"

Delilah nodded.

"What about it?"

"Just that I hope it doesn't affect our friendship."

"Yeah, you have to admit some of the pranks have been amazing."

"They really have," Delilah admitted. "The levitating furniture was awesome."

"So was the glitter, how did you get it to stick? We had to get Flitwick and McGonagall to fix it."

Delilah grinned.

"Just a Muggle thing."

"Glue?"

"Yep."