CLAUDE

I heard someone shout "YOU!" from behind me. I turned around to see a beautiful angel. I looked around then pointed at myself questioningly.

"I think there's someone you've confused me for—"

"In the name of the Lord, you shall be punished for your sins, and erased from this afterlife. You will be granted one last request."

"Can I have a phone call before I get banished from living?"

"No."

"Then go on. Try to kill me... if you can!" I said, then lunged at her with my dagger.

She dodged to the side and stabbed my side with her obnoxiously long spear.

"Ow..." I muttered as I winced.

As she knocked me down to the floor to finish me off, I noticed the engagement ring on her left hand.

"Clara?"

"How do you know my name?!"

"Your ring... it's me! It's Claude!"

"Prove it."

"Check my inside coat pocket."

Clara carefully took the ring from the inside of his coat, and inspected it carefully. "Claude?" She said as tears formed from her eyes. "Claude!" She shouted, then tackle hugged me. "Oh, this is perfect! I'll explain to him who you are and that you were sent to hell by accident, and then we'll be together! I'll be right back, my love." She said as she planted a kiss on my cheek. "Bye, love."

"Wait!" But I was too late. She had disappeared in a puff of white feathers.