|| 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥: 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐊𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 ||

Začít od začátku

Luna went to take her jacket off but froze upon realising she still had the Secret Santa name in her pocket. Part of her didn't want to look. Another part of her was praying to the Founders that she either had Samsa or Mason. Anyone else would be a nightmare.

𝑆𝑝𝑜𝑐𝑘

Luna stared at the name scribbled on the small piece of paper and went through all five stages of grief at once. Why, of all the people Samsa was friends with, did she have to get Spock? She barely knew the Vulcan, let alone what he wanted for Christmas. What did Vulcans even think of Christmas?

The Sanguine groaned and dragged herself to the window ledge for a smoke. She needed a cigarette now more than ever. At least she had the best part of three weeks to think of a gift idea. Even worse: the rules of Secret Santa banned her from asking the others for advice. She was on her own.

In truth, Luna was partially dreading Christmas day. It had been a long, long time since she spent it with a big group of people. But it meant a lot to Samsa. That's what mattered. The family she had found for herself was something to be treasured and celebrated.

Luna took a long drag of her cigarette and sighed heavily, releasing a stream of smoke out the window. Maybe Spock liked chocolate? Most humans did, so maybe he carried that trait too? If in doubt, chocolate was her backup plan. Knitting something for him was always an option but she was having a hard time picturing him in a Christmas jumper. It was safe to say more brainstorming was needed.

☆♡☆

A whole week passed...and Luna still hadn't found anything for Spock. There were ten days left. Settling for chocolate was starting to become more and more tempting.

They had chosen the fifteenth to decorate the apartment. Cardboard boxes full of decorations crowded the living area floor, spilling a mixture of tinsel and baubles all over the carpet. Mason was busy untangling a knotted bunch of Christmas lights while Samsa constructed the tree with her boyfriend's help.

Luna had considered asking the young Captain what present Spock might want. After all, he was one of the Vulcan's closest friends. However, she doubted she could be subtle enough.

"Christ," Mason said with a scoff. "Who put these away last time they were used?"

Luna hopped up from her spot on the floor where she had been making paper chains and plonked herself next to him. To say the lights were 'tangled' was an understatement. "I think these are past saving. Do you have any other ones, Sams?"

Samsa's head appeared through the branches of the Christmas tree. "There should be some in there." Since her other limbs were occupied, she used her foot to point in the direction of a box on the sofa.

It was packed with multi-coloured lights and various hanging ornaments, including an old nutcracker. He was in good condition, the only fault being his mouth hung open slightly, as if he were in a permanent state of shock. Luna recognised him straight away. "You still have Norman!"

"Norman?" Kirk echoed with a curious grin.

"Norman the nutcracker," Samsa said. "We bought him at the Union Square Holiday Market around this time in twenty-one-fifty-five."

Mason appeared at Luna's side, staring at the decoration in awe. "You mean, he's over a hundred years old?"

"Yeah, he looks much better than Samsa does for his age," Luna quipped. She glanced at her sister, smiling mischievously.