Rising

Melissa looked down at the sleeping 1 month old baby in her arms, smiling slightly.

"She's so cute," she said, looking at the baby's mother, Inko. Looking back down, she saw that little Izumi had woken up and was looking at her. Melissa's smile faded when she saw her eyes, eyes that looked like her best friend's, her crush's, eyes. Izuku had been missing for months and the Yagi's didn't care, too busy with Izumi.

She handed Izumi back to Inko, before walking towards the door, she needed some fresh air. David watched his daughter leave, understanding her heartbreak.

Melissa walked down the street, eyes looking blankly at the passersby, as if hoping to see Izuku. She stopped, when she actually did see him, looking at her, standing in an alleyway across the street. Melissa quickly crossed the empty street and into the alleyway, hugging Izuku.

"Izu. You're here." Izuku hugged her back.

"Sorry if I scared you."

"You were gone. I didn't know where you went. Everyone thinks you're dead."

"I know, I was studying."

"Studying what?"

"Come, I'll show you." He turned and headed farther down the alleyway. Melissa hesitated for a second, before following him. As he lead her farther away from his house, he spoke of Eldians and Marleyans, how they fought and how the quirkless were those of Eldian blood.

When he'd lead Melissa far into the forest, Izuku said, "This should be far enough away." He then stepped farther from Melissa and bit his hand. A bright yellow light engulfed him, and when it faded, the Beast Titan was in his place. The Titan than began to steam and fall over with Izuku popping out of it's neck.

Melissa looked at Izuku in shock, if what he said is true. . .

"How come both your parents have quirks?"

Izuku sighed, "My father was born quirkless, however, he was given a quirk that can be passed down. He gave it to Katsumi." Melissa was shocked, Uncle Might could have saved his son from all the abuse and neglect, but decided that Katsumi was a better choice.

"Can I help?" Izuku looked at her.

"What?"

Melissa took a deep breath, "If what you said is true, we've been the victims of racial prejudice. Combined with how we're treated like a disease that needs to be exterminated, this is a reality I don't want to live in." Izuku looked at her for a long time, before hugging her.

"To have you by my side is all I need. Come." He lead her to the bunker, where Eret is waiting with one of the pods ready to open. Izuku injects Melissa with the Titan spinal fluid as Eret opens the pod. The two then step back as Melissa eats the sleeping form of the preview shifter.

A few minutes later, Melissa woke up on a bed. Looking around, she saw she was in a metal room, presumably in the bunker. She also noticed she was naked and there was a pile of clothes on the foot of the bed. Changing quickly, she stepped out to see Izuku and Eret standing in front of desk, reading an old book.

"Izuku?" The boy turned around.

"Melissa, good to see you awake."

"What do we do next?"

"Now we begin playing the long game."

*Four Years Later*

Izumi was sitting on a swing in a park near their house. Tomorrow she would be going to the quirk doctor, and she was really excited to see what'd she get. However, she was also nervous, nervous she wouldn't get a quirk and thus, not get to become a hero.

"Something on your mind, kid?" Izumi turned around to see a young man standing nearby.

Not yet told to not talk to strangers, Izumi said, "I go to the quirk doctor tomorrow, to see what my quirk is." The man nodded.

"I see, big time in your life. But you're scared you won't get a quirk." Izumi nodded, sadly.

"What if I could help you with that?" Izumi's head shot up.

"Really?"

"Sure, follow me." Izumi followed the man into the forest, where he pulled something out from behind a tree. When Izumi looked closer, she saw it was a human body. Before she could scream, she felt something stick into her. Turning around, she saw a woman in a lab coat who looked vaguely familiar. Izumi then fell over in pain as the man walked up to her.

"You won't remember this night Izumi, but it'll shape your destiny for your entire life." Izumi then blacked out.

When Inko and Toshinori went looking for their daughter, they found her, asleep on the swing set, and wearing clothes they swore she wasn't wearing before.

*Twelve Years Later*

Over the next few years, Izuku and Melissa began finding and recruiting quirkless people, who they'd turn into Titans and Izuku would turn them back. Their ranks included two kids Izumi's age, who they gave the Armored and Colossal Titans and sent to UA as spies.