Chapter Trés

(PAST/ PRESENT)

Three years have passed since I stopped going to a psychologist but I do attend some times to therapy sessions. I missed telling my problems, being a narcissistic selfish kid to Anne Rhodes, my favourite psychologist/therapist. She did not only listen to me. She would advise about everything. She gave me the best care physically and emotionally. I remember the many times I was in a hospital bed because I wasn't fed properly when I was little but having her by my side, made me feel happy and safe, I was hesitant as to what that might feel bit it was definitely different from I experienced being with my real mother. 

According to the doctors who treated me for my past head injury, they also discovered I had difficulty identifying and experiencing emotions. They called it alexithymia. Well, no kidding! I  didn't need a diagnosis, I knew something was wrong with me the minute I got out of the basement. When Anne found out about my disability, she got me into a weird programme where they were enhancing that part of the brain with a mix of technology and science. She said it would be worth it being on the trial. And so I did, I had multiple surgeries. I would wake up feeling drained and with a terrible headache.

As soon as I opened my eyes Anne was there, every single time. We had some memory and social exercises I had to do to test that all parts of my brain were working properly. Sometimes I failed. Sometimes I felt like I wasn't even there. I think she was the closest thing that I had to a real mother-daughter relationship. 

All I remember was Anne making sure I ate properly. She would be there before and after the surgeries, I asked myself why was she going through all the trouble. I was capable of taking care of myself.

After trying so many times, it turned out the surgeries did nothing to me. They never worked, I was still the same emotionless person. Again, not a surprise.

There was one day when I cried but I didn't know what made me cry. Anne was my best therapist and yet I never told her, I knew it would make her happy, but I never did. I wonder why?

She once said to me, "I felt disappointed when we found out that you won't be able to fall in love or love someone ever." I was aware that she cared for me but I couldn't express myself either with words or actions. And then I thought, the outside world had mixed signals about love. Sometimes it was pleasant, but sometimes it would make people like Romeo and Juliet die? I mean, I am not up for that, I guess I dodged a bullet. 

But now? I feel different. It's probably the place it makes me feel better. Or so I thought...And now, the present time makes me want to put into practice of what I learned from her. I stopped taking my meds, I didn't need them anymore. I am feeling way better though. Or so I thought...

"Dear diary or to whoever sees these pages first;"

*I can't believe that even though I no longer have to go to psychology, I continue the habit of writing in a diary like when I had to show it to Anne. Pathetic.

Living in Hackfall, North Yorkshire for some time now has been amazing. England is so beautiful. I love nature so much. I feel like nature speaks to me. I feel comfortable, walking or running through the green forest. Or like I would describe in my sessions "the green paradise". I would take a deep, deep, very deep breath and feel the fresh air running to get in my lungs. I'd hear the sounds of animals or silence. I somehow feel more connected to animals than humans. That's why I always have Mackie with me. I love her so much and maybe I spoil her too much. I feel like I finally left everything behind. All of my past is still inside my mind, but not in my life. But not everything was gone...

Kill, Love, Repeatजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें