Prologue

My body was cold, but at the same time, I felt nothing. It was as if I was trapped inside my own mind. Slowly, my mind and body stir awake. My body was lying on the cold, smooth stone. Almost in a position as if I was tossed aside, discarded for the wildlife. Confusion filled me as I stared at this unfamiliar carved cave. My body was tired, almost as if I'd been through a war. My long, (H/C) hair drapes over my shoulders and face, as I turn my body to lean on my arms. The locks of hair splayed across the stone, probably long enough to reach my knees while standing. I slowly traced the groves of the surface grounding myself in reality. After a few minutes, I heave myself up, gripping the wall for support. My legs shook and wobbled, almost collapsing on the spot. I pause when I catch my reflection in a small puddle a little bit before me. My clothes were beautiful and seemed to be once complex, but sadly, it was heavily damaged and dirtied. A beautiful Sigil rested on my hip, the stone holding a snowflake on the surface. Sighing, I walked out of the mouth of the cave, the sun burning my eyes immediately.

The walk was slow and painfully tough. I wanted to collapse and never open my eyes again. As I continue down the mountain, hunger and thirst fill my thoughts. The air was refreshing and cool to my cheeks, the only redeeming thing I was experiencing. Eventually, I stood at the bottom of the mountain, my. Legs exhausted, my breath uneven, my head starting to ache. I mumble to myself, cursing the everything. I tried to recall anything at all, but it was like a dull buzz that replaced memories. I knew not of who I am, or why I was sleeping in that cave, but I had to focus on moving onward. I saw no other people for miles, nothing looked at all familiar. I shake my head gently trying to get rid of the pain but to no avail.

After some more walking I find a ruin, beside a small lake making my happiness increase. My thrust could be solved soon, but the small quickly flips to a frown when I see these creatures walking around some rudimentary camp. I duck behind a tree and peer around studying them. I couldn't tell if they'd be hostile or not, but I was in no shape to fight. Slowly, I crept over to the pond, my body was low to the ground. However, before I could taste the water, a loud roar filled the air. Snapping my head up at the group, a large creature that could easily smash me, was charging. I sprung to my feet and felt my adrenaline kick in, the dull headache increasing into full force. I jump to the side barely dodging out of the way, the other creatures take notice and charge my weak body. I curse and stumble out of the way of an arrow trained on me. This energies surged through my body, cold pricking all over my skin. As a creature charged at me, I outstretched my hand and grabbed his skull with deadly force. Cold exploded from my palm freezing its head solid, the body falling onto the ground with a thumb. I was in shock, I wasn't expecting that to happen.

In a instant, a bright light flashed in front of me, and the creatures were on the ground, dead. A person was standing among the dead creatures, his face obstructed by a mask, making him look more menacing. The tattoo on his right arm was a glow, as he stood turned from me. I slowly regathered my thoughts, stepped back towards the camp, my eyes catching a cloak. Grabbing it, I flung it over my shoulders, hiding my shredded clothes. "Thank you." I say gently, my voice coming out raspy. I turn to face him when I heard no response, my (E/C) eyes meeting his dandelion eyes, his mask gone.
"Who are you?" His voice was harsh and uncaring.
"W-what?" I stuttered out, my mind going blank.
He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, "What is your name, lurker." He basically spit the words, he glares at my face.
"I do not know." I shrug, crossing my arms.
With that he was gone, as if he was never there in the first place. I just let out a long sigh and moved on.

I walked down a path, my eyes seeing a small village ahead of me. I was ready to collapse, ready to just curl up and return to slumber. A few small families populated this village, it was nice to see a few kids running around without a care in the world. "Hey, what brings you to our small village, stranger." A younger man smiles to me, he held no anger or fear towards me.
"I was... just passing through." I reply, my voice clearly tired. "Do you have anywhere I can, clean up?" I ask, glancing around.
"No, but you can follow me to my home to clean up if you need." He offers, out stretching his hand in a meeting kind of manner. "My name is Kai." He smiled gently to me, he radiated kindness.
"Hello, it's nice to meet you."

He led me to a smaller home, it looked quite quaint, so nice to look at. It looked well kept and very much cared for. Stepping inside was neat and clean, not a speck of dust covered the furniture. The room was nicely decorated, some objects looked antique, definitely heirlooms. "This way, stranger." He ushered me to a small room just off set from the main living area. "I'll be back with some warm water to fill the tub." He then left me, as soon as that door closed. I leaned on the wall, I was drained, it took everything in me to not pass out. My head was spinning, not helping my dilemma. I slowly remove my cloak, and peal off the rest of my worn clothing. My skin was littered is scars, some tiny others looked nasty. I ran my fingers over the bumps, feeling the grooves that textured my (S/T) skin. I covered myself again with the cloak and sat on a small stool.

After a few minutes, Kai re-entered the small room, his arms around a large pail of water. Some steam streamed came over the side of it. He tips it over, filling the small tub half way, with steaming water. "Oh, I see, you've already disrobed..." he comments, glancing at the ruined clothing at my feet. "I'll get you new ones, my sister left some of her clothes behind before heading into Liyue for work. I merely nod my head, he gathers my clothes and leaves again. I stand slowly and stick my hand in the warm water, the warmth quickly made me realize how cold I truly was. I quickly sink into to the narrow tube, the water rising to just above my chest. My knees were pulled to my chest, I was perfectly placed inside the heated water. My hair was draped over the edges, pooling onto the floor tiles. I felt so at peace, my body finally relaxed. I leaned back against the edge of the tub and closed my eyes to take in the peace. But with this peace came a deep seeded loneliness, I was without any memories, without any family. I just exist. Maybe I could remain in this village, make a life for myself. I'm starting with an empty platter, one that I wish held some sides, like other people do. Theses people have people to fall back on, they have life experiences to grow from, they have a childhood to fondly remember; however, I had nothing, no crutch to fall back on in hard times. I was a shell of a person. Why did I exist? Why was I left in such a state in that cave? How long was I unconscious?

Before my mind could do any more flips, a knock filled my ears. I quickly look to the door and call out to him. "Do you mind if I step in? I'll close my eyes! Just want to put the clothes in here for you."
"That's fine." I reassured him and sunk further into the now lukewarm water.
The door opens and he keeps his eyes to the floor as he walked in. He slipped the extra clothes on the stool and quickly dismissed himself from the room.
Once he was gone, I sighed, "perhaps I'll stay for awhile."

After the wonderful bath, he insisted on having me stay for at least the night, the sun had vanished from the horizon and he said it's dangerous to travel alone at night. I hesitantly accepted the kind offer and ate with him.
"Oh, I never got your name, what is it?" He asked as he slowly ate Black-Back Perch Stew.
I, on the other hand, froze, I didn't know how to respond.
"What's wrong?" He asked, placing his utensils down.
"I-uh-I don't know." I sigh, poking my own food gently.
"Oh, did your parents not give you a name?" He inquired, returning to the stew.
"No, I don't remember anything at all. I just wandered here." I shrug, letting the warm stew pass my lips and warm my soul.
"I see, then what should I call you?"
"How about, (Y/N)?" I reply with the first name I managed to think of, it sounded fine to me at least.
"Okay, it's nice to officially meet you (Y/N)."

After awhile, I settled into a small home on the outskirts of the town. I helped and befriended everyone there. Kai ended up helping me a lot, he explained concepts and stories of the world. He explained visions and the Archons, he explained adepti and the archon war. I was quickly gaining footing in this world, really getting the hang of this new life.

As the years ticked by, I quickly noticed children growing up and leaving, adults growing grey and slowing down. But I wasn't changing. I was the same as I woke up, just healthier looking. Kai looked well in his 40s but I remained young 20s looking. Fear bubbles up in my chest, if I wasn't aging... I was going to watch these people die.

Slowly one by one, people died around me. More and more funerals I attend, to the point of not bothering to cry over another mortal life. I slowly became more disconnected from the village, spending my days fixing and repairing things, but at night I'd fight any creature I could. Letting out my pent up frustration on the poor beings. After nights and night of fighting my head hurt constantly, never letting up. I was driving myself insane.