Year by year, it has grown to become one of the finest Filipino and Korean restaurants in the Metro. It attracts Korean tourists the most. The partnership with the Filipino bloggers and tourism offices of both countries considerably helped the restaurant. .

From Mondays to Fridays, I go to work at the National Library. After dinner, I do freelance digital art that I submit to magazines and book covers both here and abroad. Why am I working so hard? It is for me to fulfill my goal to visit Incheon.

But it wasn't enough for my Korean trip. I started saving for it three years ago. That means no gimik for me during Fridays. It's fine. I am not one for Friday night outs anyway.

On weekends, I am in the restaurant to overlook the operations and also supervise the people. I have also been assigned to do its logo, advertising pamphlets, and other technology—related tasks. Dad's partner has been so generous that he treats me like his own daughter. Their life in Korea is so hard that they decided to migrate to the Philippines to begin a new life. I asked Tito Chi-wo if they have plans of going back to Korea. He just smiled while shaking his head.

My friends, they have been so kind that they don't force me to go with them during Fridays. But if ever I am with them, I used to bring books with me. Yes, books on bars were a good statement that secretly says, 'I would rather read than party'. So they have taken the hint, and now they invite me for either breakfast or lunch bonding.

My best bud, Toni Santiago, often tells me, "How can you find love when you keep on reading books in bars?" Toni is a pretty young lady from work. Among my friends, she is the most vocal one. She will honestly say that you look haggard or you need someone to be with. Standing 5'7, I often encourage her to be a beauty titlist. She would poke me and say 'I am not beautiful.'

At 25, Toni is a librarian; she is the strict one. She often shouts at noisy students visiting during weekends. During my day off, I would visit her first before going to the restaurant. I help her with cataloging and putting books back to their shelves.

Toni's marriage to Borgy has been good and because of their married bliss, they encourage me to date. But my focus on my goal will have to go first before dating anyone.

One Sunday, before going to our restaurant, I went to my workplace to visit Toni. I wear a black sporty leggings and a white blouse which shows my curves. I have this athletic figure to suit my love for sports. As usual, she scolds poor high school students again. I guess it is her hobby. When she sees me, she smiles and says, "Hi girl! How's my friend who looks like Ellen Adarna?" I just grin and she continues, " Well, you are just in time."

"In time . . . for what?" I ask.

"We will be featured in one of the documentaries on TV."

"I will just come back when there are no cameras." I wink at her.

"Hey! Let me indulge you. Your crush, Jay Diaz will interview us." She certainly knows how to entice me to stay. I laugh at myself for staying just because my crush will be there. What can I do if serendipity will pull us together? Yeah right! I am so excited that I put makeup on; red lipstick, check!

"Lia! Lia! Can you help me with these books? Put these on the shelves. Pretty please?" Toni asks with her please-help-me-I-am-begging-you stare.

I get the heavy encyclopedias from her. I am trying to carefully balance all four when I accidentally bumped into someone. You should hear the sound of three encyclopedias crashing. When I lifted my head to apologize, I almost died. It's Jay Diaz! I bumped into Jay Diaz! Awkwardly, I say with a big smile, "Sorry."

My smile fades. His reaction makes my heart pounding fast. He rudely yells at me, "What the . . . Damn! What's your problem?"

I raise my voice, "I apologized already! Bingi ka ba!" I dropped the rest of the encyclopedias. I place my left hand on top of his right elbow and my right hand under his elbow. I step forward and to the left with my left foot. I swing my right leg behind his right leg ready for the cross hock throw. I sweep his right leg forward to throw him backwards.