[Chapter 1]

Welcome to Sunny doesn't know how to control herself. Literally went woke up one day and started writting with out a thought. Idk what I am doing.

Warning:  The beginning is a bit..... Rough. Jimmy is referred to as Jasmel for the beginning part.

Jasmel let out heavy breaths as he sat, leaning against the bars of what could only be described as a cage. Bared on all sides and on display for everyone to see. He resisted the urge to curl up to protect himself from the cold, not wanting to damage his legs even further. He couldn't even use his wings because they were bound to his back, but even if they weren't they had long since been ruined, rope uncomfortably scraping against skin instead of beautiful yellow feathers.

It wasn't his fault. At least, Jasmel is pretty sure it isn't his fault. He's about 90% sure it isn't his fault. Although it was hard to ignore the string of tragedies that happened right after his birth. Everything from famines, to sickness, to accidents. And he was blamed for it. After all, why else would there be a canary?

Jasmel hugged himself, flinching at the sudden coldness of the chains. It was probably his fault. He was probably cursed, maybe being punished for an action that he can't even remember. It was all his fault. He was getting what he deserved.

His spiral was interrupted when someone opened the door to the cage, causing Jasmel to look up. There were two guards, one seemed to be made of ice and the other seemed human, the former coming in to roughly grab him by the back of his shirt.

"Wh-what?" Jasmel started before the cold hit him so harshly he shut up.

He was unceremoniously dragged out and just as unceremoniously thrown onto a platform. Someone forced him into a kneeling position and kept a hand on his head to keep him looking up. Jasmel felt dizzy from the sudden rush of movement. He hadn't moved or eaten for the past few days. The fact that his legs were starting to burn due to sitting in the fresh snow that sat on the platform didn't help either.

Through uncontrolled ragged breaths Jasmel started to wonder why he was here.

"We have suffered for so long!" a voice said, Jasmel thinks it's the one holding his head due to how loud it is, "Today we will finally be rid of the thing that plagues us."

Oh. Jasmel makes a realization, he's going to die. Murdered, right here in front of a crowd.

He doesn't fear death, in fact he almost welcomes it, but Jasmel distantally hoped he could still be free. He wanted to learn how to fly. Maybe take care of animals. But he knew less distantly that he couldn't. Curses don't get to have freedom.

The hand that had been keeping his head down grabs his hair to make him look up. The person is saying something but Jasmel can't make it out. People are cheering. He can't blame them. Jasmel isn't a vengeful person, never was even through all the hardships. He doesn't wish to get revenge on these people. He wanted freedom and in a twisted way he's getting it.

Jasmel closes his eyes and accepts death.

.

"Oh you poor soul. I'm sorry this is my fault. Let me make it up to you."

.

..

...

"Hello little one, your name is Jimmy, isn't that nice?"

Blinking his eyes, Jasmel - no, Jimmy, slowly wakes up. And realizes one thing, he's alive. The next thing he realizes is that there is a young lady holding him. She's got brown eyes and hair, the most lovely smile he's ever seen, and a pair of beautiful yellow wings. Feathers of different colors decorate her hair, and Jimmy reaches out to touch one.