~ Prologue: Is this mess even repairable? ~

RB battles.. a yearly event that got the entire world of Roblox excited no matter exciting or dull their day has been. The screens ahead broadcasted the exciting challenges that awaited the competitors in order to move forwards and face off against another player in the next round. Who wouldn't be excited to watch what would happen in such a riveting game?

The hosts and competitors themselves were no exception, either. Even the champions from previous seasons found themselves here again to reclaim or defend their title as RB battles champion! The others, however, were also prepared to do their all to obtain that title as their own.

Today was no different. A new battle was going to take place, between the season 2 champion himself, TanqR, and Bandites, who was also ready to battle for the crown and title of RB battles champion.

Backstage, DJ and Sabrina were getting ready, but there seemed to be something.. off.

"Hey, do you know where Russo went? He said he'd be coming." DJ would ask, adjusting his glasses. "I'm actually not sure. He said he would be here kinda late, but he's still not here.. and plus, we have to go on soon!" Sabrina replied, turning her head to the door. Russo was never late for an RB Battles match.. so, where was he? This wasn't like him at all.

"Yo, uh.. you guys good?" Bandites would suddenly speak up, alarming the two hosts slightly. Both TanqR and Bandites were also hanging out backstage, doing their own thing and waiting for the signal to begin. "Oh! Yeah, don't worry, it's all good." Sabrina was quick to reassure him, though both she and DJ knew it was far from good.

"Yeah, so don't worry about it." DJ would add onto her statement, in hopes of shifting the sentence elsewhere. Bandites pondered a bit in thought without a word. "If you insist." He finally spoke with a shrug, walking away and giving the two hosts space to exhale a sigh neither of them knew they were holding.

"Should we just.. keep going as planned, even without Russo here?" Sabrina turned to face DJ, who replied with a shrug. "We don't have any other option.."

And with that, the audience outside began to cheer for them. The next battle was about to start!

"That's our cue..! C'mon, we'll figure something out." DJ said, heading out to the front while Sabrina followed from behind. "Here's hoping this goes well.."

[Meanwhile, in an unknown location...]

The world was distorted. The sky above was a mix of purple and black swirling together, hazy purple clouds drifting across this strange world aimlessly. Strange, floating chunks of the ground would be floating in the air, hovering up and down in an endless motion.

Where was this? And what had caused this place to become so.. broken?

Questions could wait. However, that didn't mean they wouldn't pop up.

An unfamiliar face would be standing atop of one of the floating chunks in this distorted world, a shadowy cloak enveloping their entire face and attire as to obscure their identity. They stared out of a glitchy, swirling portal which seemed to show the current situation going on at the RB Battles stage.

"Ugh- how DARE they mock me like this! Taking back those sacred swords and reversing them back to their purified glory.. right when I was about to get what I deserve!" They exclaimed in pure anger, slamming their fist on a floating chunk nearby. The strange figure let out heavy, shaky breaths as they lifted their head up, glaring at the hosts, and the audience of competitors who were watching the show.

"I.. I will take back what's rightfully mine. I will make you all pay. Especially YOU."

[Back at the RB Battles stage..]

"Hey, being a host actually isn't too bad! Front row seats and free narration." Kreek thought in satisfaction. Even if Russo's absence was a bit odd, he was glad he could be able to fill in for him. Plus, he got to watch TanqR's battle, the person who snagged the Season 2 champion title from him!

However, there was no denying the two were good friends, rivalry aside.

"TanqR, Bandites, are you ready? Your challenge will take place in Arsenal!" Sabrina announced. TanqR nodded, adjusting the chain around his neck. "Ready as ever." He replied.

Bandites fixed the bandana around his face and tipped his hat upwards, so it wasn't obscuring his eyes. "I'll try my best." He responded. DJ turned to face Kreek, as to give silent permission to say the one phrase that kicked off every battle.

"Competitors, prepare to battle!" Kreek exclaimed.

BOOM!!

The ground suddenly split in two. 

[END SCENE.]