Running up to them, you lean down on your knees and pant. "The.... Killer..... he... I almost... huhghhgggg...."

"Woah Woah slow down." John says, walking up to you. "What happened?"

Jack puts a blanket over your shoulder and you catch your breath. "The killer. He was in my house."

At that, Jack and John share a look.

John speaks up. "Jack, watch them. I'm gonna go check it out." He pulls out his gun and looks at you. "Where's your house?"

You look at him, paper towel clutched on your bleeding nose. "Right across from Boys and Grills. The green one."

John nods and runs out, cigarette in his mouth bouncing.

Jack leads you to a chair and sits you down. He takes a look at your knees. "I'm gonna go get a first aid kit."

Mind blank, you just nod.

He returns with the kit and grabs a chair so he can sit in front of you. Opening the kit, he asks, "Are you okay?"

You look at his hands rummaging through the kit. "Yeah. I... thought I was going to die." You've only ever felt like you were going to die once before. Guess this makes two now.

Jack gives you a sympathetic look and begins to clean your knees. You hiss, and he winces. "Sorry."

"It's okay. Just keep going."

It's silent for a bit, and then Jack peeps up. "Hey... didn't you just move in?"

You nodded. "Yeah. A month ago."

"Why would you want to move to a town like this?" Jack asks. "Not making fun, just asking a genuine question. You don't have to answer."

You smile and look at him. "No, it's fine." You sigh. "I just needed to get away. And this tiny ass town is basically in the middle of no where. It's a nice place to start over."

Jack decides not to push you any further. "Alright, you're all cleaned up." He stands. "What are you gon-"

"I didn't find anything." John says, walking in the door. "Are you sure it was him that attacked you?"

You nod. "Yes. It was definitely him. He had a devil mask on and everything."

"Hmm.. well Jack and I'll check again in the mornin'. Do you want to sleep at the station tonight? We can drive you home in the morning."

"Yeah, that would be nice. Thank you." You definitely didn't want to sleep alone tonight.

Jack nods and sits down. "Feel free to sleep. We'll keep an eye on ya."

Nodding, you laid down on the bench, curling up under the blanket they gave you. You fell asleep to Jack and John talking about the killer.

———————

As Bob powered on his saw, he thought of what had just transpired a few hours ago. You genuinely looked terrified. But.... That didn't seem to change his growing feelings for you.

Why didn't they go away? What was he doing wrong? He stayed away from you for a week, embarrassed you constantly, and now he's scared the shit out of you. But scaring you didn't seem satisfying. If anything, it just kinda made him feel bad. Which is literally the opposite of what he was going for. He enjoys scaring people, and yet... scaring you...

Maybe he'll visit you in the morning? Just to check if you're okay. He hopes that you didn't recognize it was him tonight.

He decides not to think about it anymore. He had a body to prepare.