"What are you doing?" Death growled, "You better not be doing what I think--"

"Ms. Death I'm gonna keep this for a bit!" Scythe yelled sending the scythe through the portal first as he followed, "Just until we can play all day okay!?"

"Dragon get back here with my weapon!" Death said standing up to dart over there, but as she took a step she could feel the loss of power to her legs. 

"Bye Ms. Death!" Scythe yelled as he stepped through the portal and then used his tail to cut off the connection to her realm. 

---------------------------------------------

Scythe woke up in a strange room that he'd never seen before. There were these strange soft things underneath him, and there was a ticking sound in the distance, but that wasn't as important as the giant black box floating in front of the wall above some sort of desk with drawers. He looked around for a moment figuring if nothing was attacking him then it probably wasn't dangerous.

There was a pulse of energy beside him. It seemed almost angry, and when Scythe looked over he saw the weapon that he'd taken from Death was also in the bed beside him. The blade seemed to be looming over him reminding him of what's happened and that it was not happy for having been taken away from it's master. 

"Don't worry colorful blade-staff. I'm not going to keep you away from Ms. Death forever" Scythe said before wondering where he should hide it, and suddenly the scythe disappeared and there was no mirage or weight afterwards. Scythe swiped a hand across the space it was before and feeling that it wasn't there he was about to look under the strange thing that he was on when the door opened. 

Jenny had been thinking about what to do all day. She decided that it would be best if she was to bring the dragon home than try and tell the police about what happened at the mall and why they were looking for her, but now that she was here, and the creature was lying on her bed she didn't know what to do. Who would she call about a dead dragon? What would she even do with a dead dragon? No one would believe her and she was certainly not going to the police or any hospitals about him because they best they would probably to is tie him down and dissect him. 

Jenny thought about this all day and well into the night before deciding that she might as well go up and face the creature one last time, but as soon as she opened the door she expected to see the dragon laying like she had put him. But instead of his head being on the pillow and his tail hanging over the side of the bed he was sitting up and looking at her. Jenny looked at him for a moment in shock, and then she shot forwards and captured him in a hug. 

"I-I thought you were dead" she said crying over his back and Scythe tilted his head curious. 

"Why?" He asked, adding, "I can't die." However it did not matter as Jenny was still trying to hug the life back out of him.

When she recovered enough to actually process what he'd said she pulled back and looked at him strangely. "What do you mean by that?"

"I can't die." Scythe said and she still didn't understand, "How are you unable to die?"

"I can die, kind of, but I've always come back." Scythe said and Jenny sighed. Based on how he was alive now after she saw  him die in her arms earlier. She didn't want to know how many times he has potentially died for him to know what he's able to come back from. She pulled him in for another quick hug. 

"I'm glad you're alright now," she pat his head a few times and stood. "I never thought that I would get the chance to thank you, and now I can. So Thank You for saving me." She smiled as she said this last part and Scythe tilted his head again at this strange behavior. 

"Okay" Scythe said getting up and jumping down from the bed to turn and look at what he had been on all this time. Surprisingly the sheets weren't stained with blood as he thought they would be, and since the scythe was gone now Scythe guessed that it was either in a safe place, hiding, or it was somewhere he could get to it quickly. Either way Scythe figured that it wasn't going to be anything he needed to worry about at the moment, and he somehow knew that it wasn't going to be leaving this world anytime soon unless he let it. 

"Hey you can't--" Jenny tried to stop him from walking but Scythe just spread himself out and shook. His scales made a nice soft chiming sound as they rattled against each other and Jenny found it quite calming, soothing. Though within those nice tones was the sound of years of torture and sadness, the scraping of healing shattered scales as they rubbed against each other. It broke her heart. 

"Your name was Jenny right?" Scythe asked and she nodded. 

"And your's is Scythe?" She asked 

"Yep!" Scythe chirped and walked out the door, "Do you have anything fun to do here?" He yelled behind him and Jenny snapped out of her shock and quickly went after him. Down the stairs and into the Kitchen was where she found him. Sitting in front of the refrigerator with a deeply unsettling glare, Scythe's eyes lit up like green lanterns in a midnight fog. 

"Is--Is something wrong Scythe?" Jenny asked and Scythe's tail flicked angrily before he looked at her with the calmer emerald eyes that he'd shown earlier. 

"Do you have red stuff I can eat in there?" He pointed towards the freezer part of the fridge and Jenny chuckled before going over and opening it for him. Thinking that he just couldn't reach the freezer and that was why he seemed angry, but as soon as she opened the freezer that feeling came back again from behind her. But when she closed the freezer that feeling disappeared and Scythe was eyeing the steaks in her hands hungrily. 

"Just let me defr--hey!" she went to put it in the sink to let the meat sit in some hot water, but the packages of meat disappeared from her hands a blink later and one was seen disappearing down Scythe's gullet. Jenny looked at him bewildered, he just ate three packages of steaks, frozen, and without removing the packaging first. 

"I don't think it's very good to eat the package along with the meat Scythe." Jenny cringed and Scythe just looked at her cutely. 

"Do you have any more?" He asked and Jenny wanted to say yes, but she had saved up to get those steaks and now she was going to have to buy some chicken or maybe even lunch meat for the next week and a half until she got paid. If she got paid. 

"I'm sorry Scythe. That was all the meat I had for a while." Jenny said and Scythe pouted for a moment before looking at the fridge again and then at Jenny. 

"I ate the last of your meats?" Scythe said, a small whine escaping. "I'm sorry." Jenny went down to pat his head. 

"It's fine little guy. You needed it more than I did." She said and Scythe nuzzled her face. "Okay now what?" 

A knock on the door was what answered her question. 

Hey y'all. It's been a little while since I've updated this book but I am trying to work on this one and Tortured Warrior since these two are the only ones that I have been unable to get out of my head as of late, but it helps since I did want to finish these two anyways as I know how I want to end them both. One of them technically has two endings that I'm going to be building off of, but either way focusing on two books has helped a lot more than updating random books at random times. 

Anyways I hope that you enjoyed so far, and I hope that you'll continue along with me on this journey. 

Please support me on Patreon if you can: https://www.patreon.com/Cr1mson_Fangs and I recommend the $1 tier as I have no future releases to read ahead of schedule yet.