Chapter 42: Reunion

Start from the beginning

White Diamond doesn't respond, she had no words for the doctor, so she moved on to her sister's cell. 

"What do you want?" Black Diamond said in her normal voice, no longer having some demonic background noise going along with her voice. 

"I came here to talk." White Diamond said peacefully. "I want to talk about... before." 

"There's nothing to talk about." Black Diamond said defensively. "You've abandoned me, and that was it. You created this world, set up the economy and became on top of the pecking order. You learned how to make yourself along with the other two Diamonds bigger and left Pink Diamond to be moderately larger than most gems. The rest is history." 

"You left me no choice." White Diamond folded her arms. "I can't even imagine what it would have been like if you were there with me throughout all these years." 

"Worse than you?" Black Diamond rhetorically asked. 

"Precisely." White Diamond hissed. "You were so twisted, you would have possibly done the same thing to me just so you could ruin the universe for yourself, trillions of terrified victims for your twisted pleasures. And I'm thankful I was the one who didn't fall down there."

"Even though I was not the one who built this world, you still achieved what I would have done. Of course, I would have done it differently, but both of us would get the same result." Black Diamond stated. "Trillions of lives were affected by your influence, some lived in fear while others died because of your occupation you've erected and established on your colonies." 

"I didn't know colonization would eliminate all life on every single one of those planets!" White Diamond snapped. "None of us knew!"

"But Pink Diamond knew and she tried to tell the other two Diamonds about it. But they ignored her while YOU ignored everyone. Regardless of intent, whether you knew or not, those lives were taken because of you." Black Diamond pointed a finger at her. "No matter how many armies you've disbanded... no matter how many colonies you've liberated... no matter how many regulations you've instituted... no matter how nice you've been... and no matter how many lives you've saved, none of it will atone for the countless lives that were lost and all the gems you've struck fear into their hearts as both White Diamond and Obsidian will never forgive you."

White Diamond lowered her head in shame. "You're right... No matter how hard I've tried as White Diamond and Obsidian, it's never enough. The public will still hate and fear me for as long as I live..." A tear slid through the eye holes in her mask and out to drip on the floor. "...And that's... fine."

"Fine?" Black Diamond inquired. "What do you mean 'fine?'"

"I will continue to be what I am, even though it won't change anything. I'm still going to do what I can to help fix the damage I've done to Homeworld, Earth and any other planets." White Diamond admits. "And if Homeworld still won't give me the acceptance I've craved... then so be it."

"You are a fool, sister." Black Diamond said with a scowl.

"Maybe, maybe not." White Diamond acknowledged that she is possibly a fool for thinking in an optimistic way. 

"Both you and Steven are wasting your talents and skill on these frivolous nightly escapades when both of you could end these long and exhausting nights by executing your enemies. But due to your morality and ethics, you will always continue to fight until you die." Black Diamond bitterly explained. "Look at Steven, someone with powers like him is a titan of his race. He could use his strength for positive purposes on Earth or even for greedy things like strength competitions to win fame and money. But instead, he uses it to punish the guilty gems he encounters, to be the peacemaker he pretends to be. And look where it has gotten him."