House Cup

Your p.o.v.

Ron, Hermione, and I were talking on a balcony.

We were smiling and laughing.

We were waiting for Harry.

"Y/n. . . Are you coming to my house this summer?" Ron asked me.

"I might visit once in a while. You know your home is my second home." I smiled at him.

"I know, but I was just asking since you and I are friends now, right?" He asked, clearly unsure.

I looked at Hermione, and she had a playful smile and nodded at me.

"I don't know. . . I think me being a Slytherin might have a change of things. . ." I said thoughtfully.

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry for judging you so quickly." He grumbled, but he looked sincere.

"What?! Do my ears deceive me?! Is Ron Weasley actually apologizing and being sincere?!" I asked in shock with my hand over my ear, wondering if I heard correctly.

"Oh, sod off!" He pushed me playfully.

We all laughed.

"All right there, Ron?" We heard Harry's voice.

We looked down and smiled at him.

"All right. You?" He asked.

Harry shrugs.

"All right. Hermione?" He asks her.

"Never better." She smiles.

"What? Am I not good enough? Do you not care how I am?" I asked, pretending to be offended.

They laughed, and Harry asks, "How are y/n?"

I thought about it, "I'm not too sure. It seems my friend didn't care how I was until I said something."

He rolled his eyes but had a big smile on his face.

I smiled at him, "I'm good, Harry."

He smiles.

We went to the Great Hall and went our separate ways.

The trio went to the Gryffindor table, while I made my way to the Slytherin table.

The Great Hall was decorated with Green and Silver banners with the Slytherin symbol on them, indicating that Slytherins had won the House Cup.

Davina waved at me.

I sat across from her.

"I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU! WHEN I HAD FOUND OUT, I WANTED TO KILL YOU!" Davina yelled at me.

"Calm down. I'm fine. And I have something to tell you, but later, alright?" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, alright. But I'm still mad at you."

I just smiled at her.

We started to eat and talk.

We heard clinking to see it was McGonagall.

Everyone became silent.

Dumbledore stands up with his wand to his throat, making his voice loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Another year gone! And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus.

In fourth place: Gryffindor with 342 points!

In third place: Hufflepuff with 352 points!

Second: Ravenclaw with 426 points!

And in first place, with 432 points: Slytherin's house!" Dumbledore announced, and the Slytherin table erupted in cheers.

Even my Dad was clapping, but he didn't show that he was happy.

"Yes, well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account, and I have a few last-minute points to award." Dumbledore announced, and almost everybody's face became confused.

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril: fifty points!" The Gryffindors and I clapped for Hermione.

I even got a few disgusted looks from the Slytherins.

But I didn't care, Hermione's my friend.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years: fifty points!" Another round of cheers and applause were heard from me and the Gryffindors.

"Third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure love and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house: sixty points!" The cheers were even louder this time.

Now, the Gryffindors were leading the house cup.

"Fourth, to Miss Y/n Snape, for knowledge, friendship, loyalty, and bravery, I award Slytherin: eighty points!" The Slytherin table erupted into cheers and applause, thanking and congratulating me.

"And finally: it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom!" The Gryffindors erupted in cheers, once more.

"Now we're both tied." I muttered thoughtfully.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is order." Dumbledore class and half the banners changed to red and gold with a Griffin on them.

Everyone looked confused.

"For the first time in history, the House Cup has two winners, Slytherin and Gryffindor!" Dumbledore yelled.

The students looked on in confusion, but clapped nonetheless.

We all threw our hats in the air for the year has come to an end.

I went to the Gryffindor table to congratulate my best friends and Neville.

The twins came up and hugged me.

"You know." Forge started.

"If you wanted an adventure." Gred continued.

"You should've told us." They said.

We laughed and talked a bit before I went back to Davina.

I smiled and hugged her.

"I'm still mad at you." She said as we pulled away from the hug and gave me a playful pout.

I pouted sadly at her.

She rolled her eyes and we laughed.

What a crazy first year.