Office Love: Game Over, Griffin (Part Three)

PLEASE COMMENT & VOTE!

MUST BE AT LEAST 15+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT PART.

******************

Five minutes into their drive and no words were conversed between the two. But the tension in the air was so thick, you could slice it with a knife. The weather was really taking a toll, considering all the debris that dominated the streets, and the coarse winds and rain— making it rather difficult for Blake to drive. He was driving at least twenty miles an hour in a 50 mile zone. Crystal sent a silent prayer above that she would make it home safely.

"1214 Fifth Avenue," Crystal muttered to Blake who focused his undivided attention to the road ahead of him.

"What?" Blake answered, irritated.

"That's my address, 1214 Fifth Avenue. It's about twenty minutes from here." she repeated herself. One thing she hated to do.

In response, Blake released a rich, deep chuckle that nearly sounded like music to her ears— Blake, clearly amused.

"And just what in the hell is so funny?" She snapped.

"You," He managed to say in between his fit of laughter.

Confused, she asked: "Me?"

"You're more delusional than I thought. If you actually thought I was going to drive another twenty minutes in this weather to drop you home, when my house is exactly seven minutes away."

Wait..what? That would mean that she would have to spend-

"Are you implying that I'll have to spend the night at your h-house?" She inquired. Terrified at the fact she'll have to spend the night with that beast of a man.

No. No. No. NO!

This couldn't be happening.

Out of all people?

Why God? Why me?

What did I do to deserve this? I'm a nice fucking person!

"Congratulations. You're not as dumb as I thought you were Ms Miller."

The spirit of contemplation took over Crystal as her mind pondered the decision whether to keep her yaps shut or give him a piece of her mind. Crystal was well aware that the next move she was about to make might get her fired. But, right now she could care less. She was having one of the worst days of her life, she was sick and tired of being sick and tired of Blake bashing her with his hurtful comments.

Game over, Griffin.

Crystal tuned in her seat so she was fully facing his side profile.

"You know what, Blake? I've had it up to here with your rude and snide remarks! I have done nothing for you to treat me like shit— like I'm the scum of the Earth or some dirt on the bottom of your $1500 shoes. Ever since I've met you, you've been nothing but the biggest asshole and at the end of the day I'm helping YOU out by bringing your business out of the sinkhole that YOU caused it to be in! I know you hate my fucking guts but the least you can do is give me the respect as a human being! And I know I might get fired for this, but I really don't fucking care anymore! It's only so much a person can take." Crystal screamed and discharged a breath that she'd been holding in for far too long.

She expected Blake to fire her right then and there or even dispute with her. But rather, he remained silent. He didn't look angry or vexed or irritated. He just looked.... emotionless— like he always did. He didn't even appear to be apologetic or even have once ounce of remorse in his eyes now that he gained knowledge on how his insensitive ways really effected her. Not even a "sorry".