like you want to kiss me

lisa

"hi. sorry if i come unannounced. well, i tried telling you pero hindi ka nagrereply," was jennie's opening words as soon as i unlock the door.

i check my phone and pulled the door wider to let her in.

"sorry. i left my phone on silent."

"it's okay. i didn't know jisoo and rosie have some schedule today." she said as she walk further inside my apartment.

"they mentioned it on the group chat. you have a shoot today too, right?" tanong ko pagkatapos ko isara 'yung pinto.

"katatapos. and i'm so exhausted." she dropped her body loudly on my couch, resting her head on the back of it. she release a heavy sigh.

"how was it?" i asked while walking towards her. i pick the remote and adjust the temperature of the aircon because jennie tends to get cold so fast.

"fun. they let me use my ideas." i saw a satisfied grin on her face, her eyes still closed. my lips mirrored her smile.

"that's great then." i sat on the single couch next to her. jennie peak one eye open to look at me before she sat properly and focus her gaze at me.

"are you busy ba? am i interrupting? wala kasi akong kasama sa dorm." umiling ako habang nakangiti.

"i'm just watching on netflix don't worry. and you know you're always welcome here. are you hungry?" i paired my question with a lift of my eyebrow.

"famished." she pouted.

"okay let me make our dinner then." i stood but a hand on my arm stop me. binalingan ko ng tingin si jennie. her eyes are wide.

"please tell me you're kidding." i chuckled at her slightly frightened expression.

"i can now cook without burning the whole apartment jennie. i spent our free time during the pandemic learning from my dad."

she release my arm but she still has a doubtful look on her face.

"really?" i just wink at her before walking away. i heard jennie's footsteps trailing behind me.

"pwede namang ako na lang magluto." natawa ako sa sinabi niya. i understand her skepticism actually.

"if you really don't trust me, you can just ask jisoo and rosé."

"why?" nilingon ko siya. she has her eyebrows creased. "i've been cooking for them since the start of our schedules." my answer made her frown deepened.

"how come i never knew about this?" hearing the hint of sulking on her voice made me chuckled.

"ngayon ka lang napadpad dito eh." napansin ko na natahimik si jennie sa sinabi ko. i raise my head from the opened fridge para silipin siya.

nakaupo na siya sa granite counter ko. she has a thoughtful look on her face.

"so.. any lucky guy lately?" i asked her as i decide what to cook.

"meron." her answer made me pause for a moment. i close the fridge after pulling out the ingredients i need.

"who?"

"he's an actor. i don't know if you remember that guy na kasama ko sa michuri—"

"song kang?" i cut her off as i turned around to face her. she seems a bit surprised at what i said.

"you remember him?"

"yeah. we all watched your michuri episodes before, 'diba?"

"hmm. i'm surprised naalala mo name niya."