8. The Broken Raptor

- Date: June 13th, 2018 -
- Time: 11AM -
- POV: (Y/n)'s -

My heart stopped when I hear my phone ring, causing the Spinosaurus to look back at me with a snarl, getting more agitated the longer my phone rang, though I was too petrified to move encase that sets it off.

Owen: "(Y/n), turn it off!" Owen whispers to me.

(Y/n): "Y-You said don't move" I stutter back while keeping eye contact with the Spinosaurus.

Owen: "Just move slowly. Don't make any sudden movements or we will be dinosaur food" he explains. I gulp slightly as I slowly bring my left hand up to my inner jacket pocket, sweating like a stabbed pig as the Spino fully turns its body so it was facing me. I grab my phone and take it out, the spino growling more as the ringing was louder out my pocket.

I quickly silence the phone, but to be honest, I don't think its gonna make anything better because this thing was looking like it would attack any moment-

- Boom! -

I fall to the forest floor after that sound shakes the entire island, followed by a tremor that even knocked the Spinosaurs over. Obviously I was quick to my feet, though it was a struggle when the ground beneath me was shaking. I quickly help Charlie up from the floor in time to avoid a kick from the Spinosaur as it thrashes around on the ground. 

On the other side of the Spinosaur, I see Ken and his crew getting back up while trying to avoid the snapping jaws of the Spino as it tried to get back on its feet.

Owen meanwhile had gotten up and quickly went over to Blue, picking up her unconscious body before looking back to me and Charlie.

Owen: "C'mon! We got to get back to the caiman!"

(Y/n): "What?! Why?!" I ask.

Owen: "Because we won't make it far with one injured and one unconscious! Besides Rexy needs our help, now lets go!" he orders before quickly running ahead. 

(Y/n): "Quick Charlie, we got to go before that thing gets up!" I say.

Charlie: "No! I'm not leaving my sisters!" she protest while going towards their bodies, but I quickly wrap my arms around her and pull her back. "GET OFF ME!"

(Y/n): "I'm sorry Charlie, but we don't have any time!"

Charlie: "I'M NOT LEAVING THEM HERE!" she shouts.

(Y/n): "Charlie if we try to bring their bodies, we'll either be killed by the spino or be captured by the mercenaries! Do you think they'd want that to happen to us?!" I say in a desperate attempt to convince her since that Spinosaurus was getting close to standing up. She continued to struggle for a few more seconds while letting out a few heartbroken cries before finally listening. We both turn and run the direction ran in.

Ken: "Shoot the damn thing!" I hear Ken shout, followed by the sounds of gunfire and the Spinosaur roaring. I look over to Charlie while running, seeing her hold her left shoulder as it still leaked blood. 

Up ahead, we could see the Caiman and FMTV Cargo truck parked on the road, but with no Owen in sight. As we got closer, we see one of the Mercenaries that went with Rexy come around the corner and quickly fire at us. I immediately jump to the floor to avoid the shots, but I see Charlie continue to charge at the man, her body quickly morphing back into raptor form as she jumps into the air and tackles the man to the ground.