4. Resurgence

- Date: December 2016 -
- Location: Isla Nublar -

(Y/n): "I don't know whats worse, being ripped apart by raptors or ripped in half by Indy!" I say to myself as the six raptors close in around me, each one baring their teeth at me with a growl. I was honestly expecting to be teared apart any second now, by the sound of Indy's dinosaur roar shook the entire forest and the raptors. Each raptor looked at each other before taking off in the same direction, away from where I just came. 

I then felt the ground beneath me tremble slightly before my ears picked up the sound of stomping, quickly getting louder while the sounds of tree's shuffling  became audible. I immediately take off running again, ignoring the cry of my burning lungs as they begged me to stop and take a breather.

I didn't run back into the forest, I couldn't risk slowing myself down due to the dense foliage or worse running into another dinosaurs, so I instead follow the small stream next to me. I could see up ahead it got wider and deeper before becoming a waterfall at the halfway point of this open area.

(Y/n): "Just need to jump! Just need to jump! Just need to jump- FUCK!"

I feel my foot snag on something, sending me falling to the floor and winding me slightly as my chest hit the floor before the rest of me. I try to ignore the pain from my chest as I quickly get my breath back and try to stand, but a sharp pain from my left ankle sent me back down to the floor. I roll onto my back and quickly bring up my left leg, pulling the trouser up slightly and mover my sock down. My ankle was swelling up badly and each time I tried to move it I would feel a horrible sharp pain come from it.

(Y/n): "Fucking hell! Not now!" I yelp just before I see Indy poke her head out from the forest, her eyes quickly snapping onto me. "N-No!"

I tried to get up and run again, but my damn ankle refused to even take 1 percent of my weight and I found myself back on the ground. I lay there basically biting my tongue due to the pain before forcing myself onto my hands and knees, but I quickly noticed the giant shadow that loomed over me, followed by seeing Indy's foot touch down next to me. I shook in fear as I could feel her gaze looking down at me, quickly followed by a sharp exhale from her nostrils that sent a shiver down my spine.

I then feel one of her claws push me to the side so I roll onto my back, allowing me to see Indy looking down at me. That demented smirk was plastered onto her jaws as she stares into my eyes for a few seconds before quickly lunging down at me with her jaws wide open. . .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I quickly open my eyes and jolt up in my bed, quickly looking around to see I was in my room. . . it was just a nightmare. . . fuck, there goes my month streak of being nightmare free.

I look over to my bedside table and see it was past 2AM. . . fucking hell. I gently move my bed sheet off me and get out of bed, rubbing my eyes as I head out my room and move towards the kitchen. I turn the kitchen light on and pour myself a glass of water before grabbing my meds from the cabinet above the kettle. I down the pills with the water as I lean against the counter behind me as I try relax.

(Y/n): "Same old procedure I guess, go back to my bed, watch some videos, pass out and most certainly oversleep. . . shit" I say to myself, knowing that if I oversleep that will we twice in one week I've been late to work, but I guess Claire will let me off since she knows what my problems are. "I'll never get used to these fucking headaches I get though. . ."