PB&J and Kissing

When Olivia finally managed to convince me that going out and actually facing the situation ahead of me wouldn't be the end of the world, it was still lunch break. It was extended for many reasons: one because people had to learn their lines, and two because the reporter was here.

It was a tall woman with massive hair and bright pink lipstick. She looked like an old brunette Barbie with fake tanning issues. I shook her hand respectfully and pushed a happy smile to my face when the little red light signifying the rolling of the cameras came to my attention.

"Hi, I'm Vicky Mason, and you're watching Disney XD's x-citing new x-tra!" She said in a peppy voice, crossing her forearms into an x every time she said a word with an x in it.

"With me today is the new Disney starlet, Lilly Stone. How are you doing today, Lilly?" in her hand was a fake microphone that wasn't connected to anything, but she pushed it up to my lips anyway. It took so much self control not to smack the plastic away from my mouth, or to whack Vicky with it.

"I'm doing great, I love being on the show!" I said enthusiastically.

"So you're Leo Howard's new love interest?" She probed, and my smile faltered.

"Actually, my character Roxy is supposed to be the new love interest for Leo's character Ja-"

"Cool! And how are you two getting along?" the obnoxious woman interrupted me, and I caught Olivia's eye from my spot. She and the rest of the gang had congregated to watch the interview. Her hand was pressed tightly over her mouth, suppressing giggles.

"Everyone's been so nice, we all get along like one big family." I said, happy to not be interrupted.

"Speaking of family, we recently heard that Olivia Holt and Leo Howard are distantly related. Is Olivia at all upset with you for stealing her man?" where the fuck were these questions coming from? They weren't even about Roxy, or my place on the show!

"What? I don't-" I was flabbergasted, unsure what to do.

"And that's all the time we have for today, folks, tune in later for an exclusive video of Lindsay Lohan in rehab!" Vicky flashed her bright teeth once more and then jogged out, while I just sat there, staring after her figure with complete disbelief.

Everyone walked over.

"The fuck is happening to this world?" I asked no one in particular.

"I'm going to go have Jim check that one out. I don't think she was from Disney..." Dylan said unsurely, separating himself from the little circle that had formed.

"Your face during that whole thing was priceless. All she wanted to know about was Leo and you! Ha, too funny." Olivia shook her head and wiped away an imaginary tear.

I glared at her, unimpressed by her lack of support.

"I know I'm new to all of this, but I'm with Dylan on this one. That lady wasn't from Disney. I'm sorry if I said something wrong or incorrect. I did my best..." I trailed off, watching the place Vicky had disappeared with her cameraman.

"You did everything right. Don't worry about it. We were here the whole time to vouch for you. That shit gets edited all the time to incriminate the celebrities." Leo comforted me, and I smiled.

"Thanks. We'd best get back to memorizing. How much time do we have left in the break?"

"About three minutes before you two have to start screaming at each other." Dylan said, and I pushed my eyes back to the pages to make sure I had gotten all of the words through my severely scrambled head.