Pool Chillin'

A nice yellow Camaro blinked open from its spot in the lot, and I grinned from ear to ear.

"Late birthday present from the rents?" I guessed, and he nodded, opening the passenger seat for me like a gentleman. I slid in and smiled at him, looking around the black leather interior of the car.

New, nice, and still has that new car smell.

I leaned back in the seat and looked out the window towards the back door of the studio, waiting for the rest of the gang to get their asses in motion. I assumed they would be out soon, of not immediately.

I vaguely noticed Leo walking around the front of the car, and heard him open and close the door. I was still waiting for Olivia and the others.

"Lilly?" Leo said tentatively.

"Hmm?" I swung my head around to look at him, unexpectedly coming face to face with him, a couple inches of space separating our noses. Immediately I noticed that, and he did, too. His eyes flickered down to my lips. I didn't even have time to be embarrassed or to consider what was happening, I just knew that my head was slowly tilting to the side, just as his was.

His eyes were switching from looking at my eyes to looking at my lips, his head tilting to the side even more, all the while leaning in at a snails pace.

We were both going so slowly, as if looking into the eyes of a deadly animal that would pounce at the slightest hint of disturbance.

I was leaning forward, too, my eyelids closing over my eyes and the rest of the world seeping away.

A single inch separated us, I could feel his breath on my lips, and little tingles were running through my bloodstream, speeding up my heart and making my pulse race.

Just as his plump lips were about to brush against my own, the back doors were pulled open, and I wrenched myself away from Leo, whipping my head around to look at whoever it was that was getting in.

The gang had caught up with us, and Olivia was at the head, arguing with Mateo over something.

"-eo, you can't expect her to buy you something, even if you've been talking about it for months. You can't just expect that kind of stuff." her voice reached me, and when it didn't pause or falter I relaxed, aware that she hadn't seen how close Leo and I had been. She slid into the car, and the rest of them soon followed.

All four of them piled into the tiny backseat, groaning and grumbling all the while. I could feel a hot bush starting its way up my neck, so I bit my lip and balled my fists, thinking about something regular that would tone it down a little bit, like Clyde.

It worked to an extent, and I was able to glance over at Leo. He was looking straight ahead, his hands on the wheel, expressionless. I looked down at my knees, trying to think of what to do next.

Should I act normal, or try to talk to him about it?

Because I'm me and can't deal with normal things, I just decided to ignore it.

"What did Teo do this time, Liv?" I asked, my voice starting a little hoarse and ending the way it usually was.

"He's dating this girl and thinks... You know what? Just forget it. Leo, are we going, or...?" Olivia started, and I looked to Leo again, my acting skills kicking in to make up for the fact that I could barely sort out my own mind. He looked like he was having as much trouble as I was.

"Uh," his voice sounded, and my heart beat sped up "yeah. Where are we going first?"

Olivia started chattering about how Alex's house was closest, so we should go there first, then Mateo's place, then mine, then Dylan, then his, then finally hers.