You dig around in your bag for the cookie and Bob observes you. Soon enough, you pull out the cookie and hand it to him. It's wrapped in a cute little plastic bag with a bow stuck to the top.

He gently takes it from your grasp. "What's this?"

"It's a cookie! Or... well... one of the cookies I made." You averted your eyes. "I made them mainly for Lila and her son, but I saved one for you. As thanks."

He cradles the iced goodie in his hand. The plastic wrapper crinkles a bit as he sets it down. He's going to eat it later.

He smiles at you, smiling even wider than before, his eyes crinkling a bit. "Thank you, kid! This looks delicious."

You smile and look at him. He can't be that killer, right? It wouldn't make any sense. He's just too nice. People are just rude...

Bob notices you staring and clears his throat. You jump, averting your eyes once again.

"I uh... sorry." You say. He looks at you questioningly and you continue. "It's nothing but...I heard from some people.... That there's rumors going around you're the serial killer." You laugh dryly. "But that's just ridiculous, I think."

Bob is flipping burgers. He's not looking at you. His smile fades a little, but doesn't go away. He then meets your eyes again.

"Do I look like a killer to you?" He asks.

You think for a second. "I mean... no. Not really." You say. It was the truth. You don't think he could be doing all those horrible things. Like... dismembering and eating his victims...

He laughs. "Well, I'm not!" He's smiling wider now. "Don't worry about me, (Y/N). I can handle some silly rumors." He says and places a burger in front of you.

You take a bite. Yeah, he's fine. He's lived here his entire life, and basically everyone knows him. People just like to start shit.

The burger is delicious yet again, and you take a glance around the restaurant. It's empty besides you and some old man finishing up his French fries. You didn't notice how dark it got that quickly.

Bob looks like he's cleaning up for the night as well; wiping the counter down and counting the cash in the till.

Eventually the old man leaves and it's just you and Bob.

You sigh, realizing that you now have to walk home alone in the dark.

Bob notices your somber attitude. "What's wrong?"

You look at him. "Nothing. I just... have to walk home alone now." You say, looking out the window. "It's scary."

There's a few beats of silence and then Bob speaks up.

"I can walk you home if you want."

"Oh no I can't make you do that-"

Bob cuts you off. "I insist. It's too dangerous for somebody like you to walk alone anyways."

You want to question what he means by, "someone like you" but you just nod instead. "Okay."

"Let me finish counting the till and we can head out." Bob says.

You nod and get up, stretching. You decide to wander around the restaurant a little bit, peeking around at all the decorations. The floor is nicely tiled in black and white, and there's a jukebox in the corner.

Walking around more, you look at a wall closest to the door.

There's a framed food safety license, a blue ribbon labeled "best burgers in town!" And there's a picture of a younger looking Bob with a blonde man.

You're about to say something but Bob interrupts you. He's extremely close, and you're shocked as to how he got so close to you without making any noise. "You ready?" He asks.

A little shocked, you just nod your head and walk out of the door with him. He turns around and locks it, and you guys make your way to your house.

You peep up. "That picture. Was that you and your buddy?" You hope the topic isn't too sensitive. "Sorry, you don't have to answer th-"

"Yeah. That was him." Bob notices your fidgeting. "Don't worry about it, it's not a sensitive topic to me anymore." Bob smiles wider, half lidded eyes locked onto your form. He looks tired.

You look away. "Alright."

Soon enough, you're both at your front door. You turn around to face Bob. "Thank you for walking me home."

He's still smiling. Doesn't his face hurt? "No problem. Thanks for the cookie."

Bob turns to walk away but you grab his arm. He turns around, his face a bit scary. You brush it off. "Oh! Uh, be safe!" You say.

His face relaxes. "I will. Goodnight, (Y/N)."

And he's gone.

You unlock your door, and walk in, ready to sleep for the night.

And that's exactly what you do.