Chapter 2: Valentino

Comenzar desde el principio

"What's up, bitch~!" She grins at you happily while her tail wag side by side at the sight of you.

"Makiana" You dryly said as she giggled.

"Oh~ I missed you so much~!" She squealed as she tries to grope your cheeks. You simply slap her hands away from you and glare at her.

"Stop it, woman" You warned as she just huffed and crossed her hands under her chest. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyway, how's the hibernation? You feel good?" She asked curiously as you wave your right hand in dismissal. 

"Same as usual. Nothing special, my dear" You informed her as you took a sip of your wine. She releases a cute ah sound and proceeds to shamelessly digs into your lunch. Your right eye twitches in annoyance.

"You could have ordered something for yourself and I'll pay for it, Makiana," You told her and she just shrugs.

Unwilling and annoyed, you let Makiana finish your supposed lunch and drown yourself in your wine. Your hunger simply disappears because of annoyance. You really regret saving the pup in front of you 20 years ago. 

"Do you believe in redemption?" You stop drinking as Makiana asks something so out of topic.

"What?" 

"Redemption. To be forgiven and go to heaven" She asked you and a hint of sadness and desperation filled her voice halfheartedly. You look away and rest your back in your chair while taking a sip from your wine once again.

"Perhaps" You muttered as she nodded in understanding.

Redemption? You don't have an answer about that yet. 

"The King's daughter is making this Happy hotel. Her goal is to have sinners like us forgiven and be able to enter heaven. Sounds like a waste of time, don't you think?" Makiana forces a toothy smile. Your eyes narrowed but didn't utter a word.

Your friend is interested on joining the Princess's almost impossible project. She just wants to have your approval for it. That's why she's telling her thoughts about the hotel.

"You can go there if you want. I have no reason to stop you" You told her calmly as her green eyes lit up then it turn into a nervous ones.