Chapter 10: Spiders on the Farm

Start from the beginning

Jaune tried to break free from the dead, but they were too strong and held him back, and he began to hear oscar scream in pain, and Jaune looked forward in horror as he hear the blood-curdling screams of the younger teen as he was burned alive, and the house eventually fell apart as the flames rose higher.

"NO!" Jaune cried with his arm stretched out and still trying to break free from the dead that held him back.

"Jaune," a voice called out.

Hearing Melissa's voice, the blonde teen turned to his left only to see Melissa on her knees, her face bruised and bloody, tears fell down her cheeks and she looked at the teen, guilt, and sadness on her face.

"I-I'm sorry..." She said she said in a broken tone.

A gun was pressed against the back of her head and the front of her head burst as a shot rang out and she fell forward dead and bloody. Jaune felt the blood on his face and he looked aghast as he saw her death.

"A-Arc..."

Hearing that last voice sent a cold chill down Jaune's spine as he turned to his right and panic coursed through his body as he saw the Beowulf on all fours, its mouth bit into Vernal's neck, tears streamed down her face as blood covered her neck and clothes, she held out her arm for Jaune, but her body went limp and her eyes became lifeless.

Jaune went limp, and the dead began to pull him into the darkness, tears fell from his face like waterfalls. He couldn't handle seeing the death of the three, and he began to cry uncontrollably, and the hands of the deaf gripped and held onto him harder.

"Finally! Finally, we'll drag him with us!"

"To the Void with him!"

"Hahahahaha!"

"You're coming with us! Down, down below!"

Shay appeared in front of him and leaned forward, "This is it Blondie, this is it" Shay whispered into his ear.

Jaune felt a strong pull and he fell backward and the darkness took him...

"Arc!"

"ARC WAKE UP!"

Jaune's eyes quickly shot open and he felt a tight grip around him and tried to free himself from whatever was latching onto him as he looked around frantically with a terrified look on his face.

Vernal saw his scared expression and felt him trying to free himself, but Vernal's hands gripped the sides of his arm tighter, trying to calm him down. "Easy, Arc! Easy!" Vernal cried, "Look at me! Look at me! It's alright! Everything's alright!" Vernal told him.

Jaune began to calm down and looked at her still a bit shocked but now also looking confused, "V-Vernal?" he asked.

Vernal nodded, "It's me, it's me," Vernal told him, looking at him with worry.

"I... wh-what you wake me up for?" Jaune asked, his voice sounding a bit strained.

Vernal's worried expression grew, "Arc, you were crying in your sleep," Vernal told him. She looked at him with a raised brow, "What's going on with you?" She asked.

Jaune took a few quick breaths and shook his head, "Nothing," Jaune told her.

Vernal peered at him, "Bullshit," Vernal replied with a bit of venom, "Don't lie to me Arc, I know somethings going on, so spit it out, what is it?"