"Just ignore her, Dare. And don't try to start anything either," Link said.

"Ugh. I wasn't going to, but we do have some unfinished business. What she did to me was not okay and I never got to scream at her for it because I was too busy crying about what was going on." I said.

"Dare, don't. Seriously." Link said, looking protective. I rolled my eyes.

"Geez Link, it's not like I want to fight her or anything. Just give her a piece of my mind," I said, sitting down in my seat in first period.

Link still looked warily at me. The bell rang, ending our conversation. Link went over to his seat and I went over to mine.

***

It was now after school, and Cass had agreed to come find a dress with me. We had been to two stores so far but with no luck. It was getting annoying. Walking in the third store, I wasn't feeling too hopeful that we would find one. But then, I saw it, right on display in the front.

I ran to go get it, it was perfect. It was a pastel blue color, strapless, and short. Not too short, though. It had some beading on it too. Excitedly, I we went to the changing rooms and I tried it on quickly.

"Dare, it's absolutely perfect!" Cass said.

"Thanks," I said, observing myself in the mirror. It actually fit me perfectly. I looked at the tag hanging off of it and flipped it around, and gasped at the price.

"Shit," I said. According to the stupid tag, the dress was over three-hundred dollars. I should've known it was too good to be true.

"It's over three hundred dollars, Cass. It's not in my budget, at all," I said, slipping out of the dress and putting it back on its hanger.

"I'm sure we can make something work, I could lend you money," Cass said, trying to come up with a solution.

"No, it's fine, my mom and I are already tight on money and I don't wanna have to owe you anything," I said to her.

She started to protest again but I cut her off as we walked out of the fitting room.

"Seriously, It's fine. We haven't even looked through the rest of the store. I'm sure there's another one in here that I will love," I said, walking towards a rack of dresses.

"Fine," She said, coming beside me and looking through the rack as well.

She gasped.

"What about this one? It's not really your style, but I feel like it would look great on you," Cass said, pulling a short black dress out from the rack.

"And it's only one hundred and fifty dollars!" She said, looking at the price tag.

"Um, I don't know... It's a little provacative, don't you think?" I asked her.

"Eh, not really. And plus, some girls at the dance will probably be dressed WAY more slutty than you," she said.

"I'll try it on, but if I look like a prostitute i'm slapping you," I said to her, laughing.

 "Fine!" She said, and we went back to the fitting room.

I threw on the dress and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Woah," I said. I looked totally different. The dress fit perfectly, and I actually looked kind of sexy instead of innocent. It was weird. The dress looked classy though at the same time, so it's not like I looked like a whore either. It was a one shouldered dress, with beading on the one shoulder drape. Also, it had cuts near the waist line so it showed some of my skin.