Chapter 31

This is back in Dare's POV! Enjoy! sorry it took so long to get up. in like the middle of the chapter i hit writers block and yeah so finishing this chapter was hard!

Chapter Thirty-One

I was getting really, really sick of answering questions. I'd had to talk to so many people at the police station, since after all I was pressing charges against Jordana. Then when my mom took me home she of course asked me multiple questions, and called me stupid for not ever telling anyone that these things were happening to me.

It was now a night after the incident, and I could tell my mom was still mad at me for everything. She had told me the night before I had worried her sick. I felt bad about it, but nothing had happened in awhile with the prank people so it's not like i had a warning that something would happen.

While stuck in that closet, I had cried my eyes out, completely hopeless. Not even only because I thought no one would save me, but also because of Link. I had felt cheated, and worthless. But then, like a miracle, Link showed up and rescued me. I still didn't trust him though, and I didn't know if him coming to save me meant that Jordana had lied to make me feel like crap. All day Link had been trying to call me, but I just didn't have the courage to answer the phone and talk about it, not now at least. I needed such a break, from everything.

Which meant it was good that Coach had given me a few days off of practice. I didn't want to do anything, except lay around. I didn't want to go outside either, considering everyone in the small town by now had heard of the so called scandal. I was drowning in this town, and at the moment, I would do anything to be back in the big city.

My life had been so much easier a year ago, and I missed everyone so much. Who was I kidding? I was a city girl, and I didn't belong here. Jordana was just the first to notice it once I got here.

I was now laying in bed, trying read a book, but it obviously wasn't working. I couldn't quite get my mind off of anything, and I felt like crying again. But I'd done enough of that in the past few hours. I felt worthless, and really stupid.

So stupid. I had started to trust and fall for Link, and look what happened. The same kind of thing that happened with Erron. Maybe people like me weren't meant for love, since I just ended up damaged in the end.

I closed the book shut, having no idea what to do, just staring at the wall. I looked out the window, it was still a little bit light out, but the sun would set completely soon. The next thing I knew I grabbed my earbuds and music, and was putting on some running attire. Excercising usually helped me relieve stress somewhat.

"Hey mom, I'm going on a run," I said to my mom, passing her in the kitchen quickly, to avoid her asking questions.

"But it's getting dark out!" She exclaimed. She had started being overly protective since everything had happened.

"I'll be back before it's dark mom, don't worry," I said.

"Okay," She said to me, right before I was out the door.

***

When I got back from my run, I grabbed a towel to wipe off my forehead. I saw a note from my mom on the table, saying that she had gone to get takeout and had let my friend in. What friend? It had to be Ava, to work on the science project we had to do. I said she could come in whenever.

I went upstairs.

"Ava?" I called out, expecting her to be typing on the lab formulas on my computer in my room.

"Hey," I turned around to hear a voice that was definitely not Ava's, startled.