⋆Finney Blake⋆ //new year//

I was sitting at home reading a book when I heard the phone start ringing downstairs.

I got up and began walking down the stairs to go answer it since nobody was home but me. "Hello?"

"Hey it's Gwen, do you want to come with me and the others to the ball drop tonight?" She asked me. I could tell she had a smirk on her face while on the other line.

"Yeah, who all's gonna be going?" I began but heard Finneys muffled voice through the phone. "Hey I gotta go, I'll see you later. Come to it around 8 so we can do fun stuff before it drops" she said laughing before hanging up.

Hmm, okay curious. I figured since I'm already up, I'd just drop by Robins house since I've got time to kill before we have to go. I put my shoes on and made my way to his house.

I walked up and knocked on his door. His mom answered the door with a big smile. "Hola, que bueno verte de nuevo cariño!! Robins in his room" She said stepping aside to let me in. "Thank you"

I ran up to his room knocking on the door calmly. A few seconds later he opened his door widening his eyes. "What are you doing here?" He spoke smiling.

He was wearing his hair in a low ponytail with a grey tshirt and some jeans.

"Am I not allowed over anymore" I said dramatically walking in and flopping on his bed.

He laughed and rose an eyebrow. "Are you going to the event later tonight? I heard Finn is supposed to be thereeee" He said sitting on the bed.

I rose up lightly shoving him. "I am going to be there idiot, are you?" I smirked. He rolled his eyes with a smile. "I am as a matter of fact, you want me to hook you up with him?"

I full shoved him this time causing him to fall on the floor laughing while holding his sides.

It was time to go. I'm still at Robins house and he offered to take me so I just stayed.

We were in his car while he drove us down to the parade. We weren't actually going to see it in person since we live a bit away but there's going to be a live video so we can watch it.

"You nervous?" He asked glancing over.

I shook my head with a smile. "No, it's a new year and as much as it's going to be terrifying, there's some perks. Like I still to see your dumb face everyday" I spoke looking straight at the moon and how it looks so beautiful.

Robin went silent as we pulled into the parking lot. We found a space almost immediately. We hopped out and ran to find the others.

Once we had found them, my heart felt like it was going to stop. Finney was right in front of me talking to Bruce and Vance.

Gwen came up to me smirking. "You know, you should go talk to him, he's not gonna bite or anything"

I nodded my head but my body refused to move. She sighed and interlocked our arms together. "Come on, you can't talk to him standing all the way over here"

She began walking towards him with me pretty much following. He looked over at us with a smile.

"Hey Y/N" He spoke giving me a hug. I glanced over at Vance and Bruce who stood in front of me smirking. They mouthed something and walked away.

He put his arm over my shoulder. "Glad you made it here by the way, I was kinda hoping you'd make it"

I felt butterflies erupt as we began walking over to the group. Everyone looked at us but didn't say a thing, I glanced at Robin who shot a wink at me. 'You can do it' he mouthed to me.

Time skip

Time went by quickly and before I knew it, everyone was getting ready for it to drop. People were grouped together getting ready.

I noticed Gwen say something to Finney. He turned around and made his way over towards me. "You ready for a new year?" He asked me wrapping his arm around my shoulder again. "I am actually" I smiled really big.

I felt confident in that moment and laid my head on his shoulder moving my eyes to the big screen showing the countdown and the ball.

We had 15 seconds left and people were grouping up. I noticed Vance and Bruce staying really close to each other. If they are dating, that's the cutest thing ever. I don't know where Robin went. He probably went to go get something to drink. I noticed Gwen was standing near all four of us so she didn't get lost.

"Can I do something odd?" Finney asked me looking around nervously.

"Yeah, sure" I said with a smile. He glanced over at Gwen who gave him two thumbs up and nodded. He looked relieved and put his hands on my waist.

I was confused but wrapped my arms around his neck. "You okay?" I asked. He nodded and looked up at the timer as everyone began counting down.

5..

4..

3..

2..

1..

I suddenly felt Finney kiss me. I froze for a second before melting into it. He broke it and I looked over at Robin who had his camera out and Gwen who was jumping with a big smile. I looked at Vance and Bruce and saw them kissing?

Aww, I mean I kinda figured they'd end up together. I'm glad to see that.

I looked back at Finney who looked nervous. I smiled and kissed him, him kissing back with a smile. I heard Gwen's loud scream and multiple camera flashes.

Once we let go, I saw his face bright red while he was laughing. He put his forehead on mine. "Do you maybe want to go out after this?" He spoke laughing.

I nodded my head wrapping him in a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder with a grin on my face. Nothing could ever beat this New Years.
———————————————————

This might be bad, I'm currently on a car ride going somewhere for the ball drop. And did y'all see what I did with two certain characters? 🤭 (it was requested and I love that ship so I did it)

I hope everyone has an amazing New year!! 🎆🎊