Part 40: Suprise Party

Start from the beginning

Henry grins at Yelena then slowly turns his head to Nat and I. I gulp thickly. Yelena and Henry definitely knows something that they shouldn't.

"So, did you two have fun last night?" Henry questions with a devilish smirk. His grin saying that he caught us. My eyes widen and I almost choked on air. I look up to Nat who's giving Henry a death stare and clenches her jaw.
"What do you mean?" Natasha interjects. I shake my head lightly. The tea is spilled Nat, they definitely heard us yesterday. Shit. I knew I was too loud.

Yelena chuckles, slamming her hand on the couch.

"Oh please!" Yelena rolls her eyes, "You know exactly what we're talking about"

"You guys were louder than you think-"

Henry was interrupted by a knock on the door. I let out a relieved breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I'm so thankful for the knock on the door. It happened just on the right time. Nat and Yelena sprung up from the couch.

"Are we expecting someone?" I question, mentioning the knock on the door. Henry and I stand up and follow behind Yelena and Nat as we walk to the door.
"I don't know" Henry responds, the rest kept queit.

"I think Y/N and Henry should get it" Yelena announced. I furrow my eyebrows and glance over to Henry who just shrugs. Yelena and Nat steps out of the way and Henry and I steps in front of the door. We reach out and grab the handle, my hand just above his. We pull on the same time.

"Mom! Dad!" We both yell at the same time. My parents are standing in front of the door with jazz hands and a huge smile, "surprise!" They both shout. Quickly, we all went into a huge group hug and pulled back. My mom is still limping a bit, so I hugged her softly

Henry and I got to know everything better. That Yelena and Nat surprised us with our parents and that we're going out to eat pizza. So now I understand why Henry and I needed to cover up our bruises, to hide it from out parents. Still, my parents can't know that we're a con artist. Nat, Yelena, Henry and I helped our parents with their luggage and brought it to the spare guest room. It's the only room downstairs. After that, we went to Nat's car and hopped in. Me in front with Nat, my parents in the back with Henry and Yelena. The car has more seats than a usual car since it's fancier, that's why there's more than anough space.

"So tell me and your mother one thing. When you guys visited the hospital last week, we didn't ask about any jobs. So what do you kids do?" My dad asks.

My eyes widen and my breathing hitch in my throat. Since Henry and I ran away and lost contact with my parents until the last week, we never spoke about jobs. Shit, we need to come up with a lie.

"Yeah! With all these nice cars and this huge house, you kids should make loads of money!" My mom adds.
My palms start to sweat.

Oh shit. I clear my throat. Well dad, we are a fucking con artist squad. But I can't say that. I quickly look in the car's mirror to Henry and Yelena, they both looked panic with wide eyes. My leg began bouncing. There was a moment of silence, Nat just kept driving before she placed her free hand on my knee, causing my leg to stop bouncing. I take a deep breath in and look at her, but her eyes are glued on the road.

"See, the thing is..." Nat takes a deep breath in and my eyes widen even more. Don't fucking tell my parents we're a con artist, Nat. They'll be so disappointed. "We can't actually tell, because we work with the government and we're not allowed to talk about what's happening in the organization" Nat lies. Oh thank gosh.

My eyes soften and I release a breath. That's actually a good lie. Now my parents can't have any questions because Nat lied that our 'government' that we 'work in' is 'top secret'.