"You know I'm aware you're staring at me."

Oh. Lux gave two quick blinks. Two blinks and then a soft smile aimed at the younger. Figured Freezy would let him stare a bit before calling him out. Lux knew he secretly loved the attention.

The elder then sat up a bit, shifting his weight to lean back against the seats of the car. No words exchanged but eyes back on the blond, this time connected with his own in a stare. He lifted a brow as if to ask for his compliance, to which of course Freezy would give in. So Freezy shifted too, moving himself back and stretching out his legs, leaning in until shoulders were touching. Curling himself into the brunettes side.

They stayed like this, together and content, just breathing and taking in the now fully navy sky until Callux broke the silence this time.

"Hey.. why don't you ever dress up your face anymore?"

"..What?"

"Ya know, like- when you used to go to all the music festivals and stuff. You always used to put paint and glitter on."

Freezy took a moment. Pondering what would spur the other boy to be thinking of his festival days. Those weekends were always ones you'd never forget, and whether anyone else knew or not Freezy always wanted to look his best those days. Thought it was the most acceptable place to express himself in that type of way so- yeah- he would often dress up. Some of his girl friends in high school would always show up with this fancy makeup on and they had begged Cal to let them give him some glitter once. With curiosity that cut like a blade as well as reluctance to disappoint his friends he agreed and since then, it was a regular for him when he went out to shows.

Cal had never mustered up the courage to put the makeup on outside of an event but it had always made him feel good. Sometimes he would put glitter on his temples framing his eyes, sometimes he painted on his cheekbones. Then to accompany that was always some soft blush on his cheeks and nose.

"I don't- I guess I just haven't been out to an event recently where people usually put makeup on. I don't know..."

There was a beat of silence. Lux tucking his arm ever so slightly tighter around Cal.

"Well... we should find one to go to soon then." And he yawned. "I like it when you wear it. You look pretty."

Freezy couldn't help but blush. You'd think after all these years there's nothing the other could say to get him blushing but he always found something. Complimenting his silly makeup- calling him pretty. What an idiot, god he loved him.

"I didn't know you liked it..."

"Of course I do. Like your face all the time. The makeup is fun though, pretty.

There's that word again.

"I'll dig around tomorrow morning see if I have any eyeshadow left."

Lux smiled at that. He had seen an old photo pop up in his phone memories the other day of the blonde out at some festival- tomorrowland probably- and his cheeks were all painted. He had forgotten how much he adored the younger when he was just having fun and going all out. How he liked the way the makeup made his features pop and how he looked that tiny bit softer with it on. Pretty was the word that came to mind. Cause Cal was sexy when he was kicking a football and handsome when dinning out for two and cute playing fifa wrapped in a blanket. But the image of a happy go lucky Freezy with dolled up cheeks- bandana around his neck and a button up shirt opened was pretty.

It was no surprise his mind slipped to that image again when he was daydreaming not too long ago, and curiosity could never really be beaten. But now after bringing it up the blond was gonna look for his eyeshadow so Lux had obviously won some nonexistent lottery tonight. He smiled again.

"If you don't find it i'll pick some up after my meeting tomorrow yeah? I'll match it to your eyes."

Freezy couldn't keep his smile hidden but he tried to act repulsed anyways.

"Oh god I hope I find it then- match to my eyes my ass you'll probably pick up some abomination of colors."

"I would not! I'll have you know it's in my best interest to pick out something good."

Freezy let out a small laugh.

"Ok ok- I'm still weary but I trust you. I have to practice a bit but I'll try and figure out how to make the products look nice."

"I'm sure you'll do great."

And with that the conversation simmered out. Freezy once again hooked his eyes onto the water and let the sound of the waves and Callux's breathing fill the atmosphere. Lux himself looked out to the water and kept Freezy pulled tight into his chest.

They would have to leave soon. The sun was gone and it really was beginning to get late- He had already yawned once but where there was one would come plenty more and he knew the blond was tired too. They still had a decent drive back home but- a few more minutes wouldn't hurt anyone. Both boys wanted to savor this. The others presence and the crisp night air. Life was often troublesome but, somehow, this was enough to combat all of the struggles.

————-

i do not keep up with the cals very closely so i hope this is alright :,) and for some reference here are a few pics of freezy that inspired this!! ><