19

Pacing my room to and fro like a nervous person that is about to face a whole crowd and present a long hard speech.

Actually mine is worst than public speaking. I am about to be kicked out of this castle of a place and possibly go back to wearing pigs with my mother.

Not possibly Hali. You are definitely going back to the pigs.

Ugh! What has gotten into you Halima?! How could you speak that way to your boss?

It's no big deal Hali. He had to hear it.

Yeah sure now I am going to loose my job!

A knock on my door made my heart skip a beat.

"Ye...yes?"

The door opened, revealing Hannah. One of the maids.

"Hey Hannah" I called smiling nervously.

She roll her eyes at me. "The boss sent for you"

Oh lord.

"At his office. Right now" she completed.

I gulped.

She looked at me in a weird way before leaving my room.

I heaved a sigh. My heart is beating more than usual right now. Oh geez.

Okay take a deep breathe Hali. He is a human being like you. He won't bite.

In this situation, I think he is capable of biting my head off.

Few minutes passed and I finally bring myself to go to his office. I knock on the door slowly feeling my pounding heart.

"Enter" his voice sounds like chaos in my head. It could explode anytime. Oh sweet Jesus.

Calm down Hali. Firing you is the worst that can happen.

I seriously don't want that!

Well you are definitely having that.

Ugh!

Gulping, I reach for the door knob. I close my eyes and open.

Here goes nothing.

I open the door and enter. My head facing the floor. Slowly, I look up and I see him on his feet facing the windows behind his desk. He has a glass of rum in his hand. He is on a black T-shirt and grey sweat pants that made him look hot.

Is this the right moment to say he is looking so breathtakingly gorgeous right now?

You are one unbelievable bitch aren't you Hali?

Sorry. I am not thinking straight.

Yeah right.

"Miss Daniels"

I froze.

I gulped as he sipped the remaining drink in his glass and turn to face me.

He drop the glass on the desk and put his two hands inside his pocket, looking straight at me.

Here we go.

"You know," he began as he walked around his desk and towards me. "Out of all the nannies I have employed, you are the only one that has given a lot of reasons to fire you" he said now standing in front of me.

I look down.

"Those nannies quitted on their own but you? You make me want to kick you out so badly"

I heaved a sigh. Disappointed at myself.

"But I won't"

I look up at him the instant he said that.