"I- Uh where's Saylor?"

"Oh I put her down for a nap. That's ok right? It's only 12 and she was acting tired."

"Yeah. That's perfect actually. You're right on her schedule."

"Okay that's good then. She ate right before she went down for a nap." She said.

"Aight cool. So what you got planned for today?" I asked.

"I don't know if I should share. You and Duke might get mad at me."

I scrunched my face up. "Why would we get mad at you?"

Ameerah stayed silent leaving me to figure it out.

"You going to see Ryan?" I asked.

I couldn't really be mad at her. They were close as hell before everything went down and she doesn't know he didn't come visit her at all.

"Yeah..." She said looking down.

"Look, I might not like it but don't let us dictate your life. You grown Ameerah. You shouldn't worry about other people's opinions."

"I don't know what we talking about but the old Ameerah didn't care what we said. She was gone do her regardless." Duke walked in and said.

Now was not the time for sure.

"The old Ameerah? So I've changed?" She asked concerned.

I striked Duke a look before responding to Ameerah.

"I wouldn't say you've changed shawty. I look at it as a better version of yourself." Luke walked in and said. Saving me from responding.

"Yeah, I ain't mean no harm when I started speaking about the old you. It's just I miss how close we were." Duke said.

There he go again. What is his goal here?

"Oh we were close?" She asked curiously.

"Closer than you think honestly."

Before she could respond the doorbell went off.

"Who is that?" Duke asked.

"Ryan." I responded.

"Before you say anything he's just taking me to my doctors appointment." She said.

"Doctor's appointment?" We all said curiously.

"Yeah. It's nothing too serious. It's really just a check up to make sure I'm not still a danger to myself."

"Well you're not. You need me to come with you?" Duke asked.

"No it's ok. Ryan's good too and I wish y'all would drop whatever it is between y'all." She said.

If only she knew.

"You wouldn't understand shawty." Luke said.

"Well maybe if you told me I could understand."

Nobody said anything. Of course Duke wanted to speak but he knew better.

"Right well I'm gonna go. I'll see you guys later." She said walking out.

"You think she's telling the truth? That it's just a doctors appointment?" I asked.

"Well it wouldn't matter. We been lying to her for months." Duke said.

He had a point.

"We're meeting with the lawyer today right?" He asked.

"Yeah why? You got something else to do?"

"Nah, I'm just wondering when we're gonna finally tell her the truth."