It's Been A Long Time

It's Been A Long Timechapter fifteenfebruary 28, 1975

chapter fifteen
february 28, 1975

Celest sat on Harry's couch, her body laid across his lap as he scribbled ideas for lyrics above her, her legs draped over the arm of the sofa as his shirt did around a week ago. The big telephone stand sitting up on her torso as if it were a table, the phone itself up to her ear, taking in every piece of information she was being given. The place was no longer a wreck, the smell of cigarettes still prominent but Celest didn't mind - her apartment did too. All of the dishes found their rightful positions tucked away neatly in their cabinets, the blankets that once tattered the living room were folded, and the ash tray freshly emptied and cleaned, only the ash from the cigarette the two were sharing filled it now.

"Call this number," a mysterious man from Star PR headquarters had grumbled so loudly that even Harry could hear the rudeness in his voice, "let me know when you're ready."

Celest sat up, motioning a scribbling Harry for his pen and notepad, the cigarette being held by the right corner of her lips. "Ready." She replied, jotting down the digits to dial next.

"Thank you for your help." She said once she finished writing and repeated the silly numbers back to her companion on the phone. "Talk soon," she finished before hanging up.

"Guessing you have to call another number? That's the third time someone has relayed you off. Maybe this whole festival thing isn't worth it. I don't even think they can top the last Woodstock," Harry bitched angrily, taking their shared cigarette from between her lips.

"Don't worry, I had to go through this same process with Elliot during every gig ever, everyone does until you can have the chance to prove yourself. Plus, I can pull some strings, trust me." She smiled. Even when she was stressed, she was so beautiful, and Harry couldn't stop staring for a moment before something in his gaze switched.

Harry looked away and sat in silence, shaking his head slightly. He remembered thinking back to nearly a month ago when he thought that a celestial being would probably have at least had the courtesy of helping him get his shit together. And alas, to his surprise, she had began to do just that, unknowingly.

After nearly half an hour of being on hold and pacing around, Celest perked up and greeted the man. She then pitched her client as best as she could. During their time listening to hold music, Harry had picked up his old tattered guitar. He stopped strumming as she began to speak again.

"He'll release his album shortly after he plays the gig, we have it nearly finished but every song is good to go. I can send you a copy of the songs he would sing, and we even have a band lined up and ready to play alongside Harry, and I'll be there every step of the way," She cooed, trying to sound as polite as she could while eyeing the man beside her. She had learned that most men in the industry were turned off by a woman who was determined to get what she wanted, and by her surprise, it was a yes. They were good to go, Harry Styles would be playing at Woodstock 1975 after all.