So she preferred to do what her grandfather asked her to do. "graw-grawn" Speech was a bit difficult for her; her mouth still hadn't gotten used to forming coherent words. She had a lot to learn.

"Dad, are you pestering Kanae again so that she learns to say grandpa?" Her mother spoke as she left the kitchen.

"Of course, she's a very smart girl. I'm sure she'll learn how to say grandpa very quickly, right, Kanae?" She could only make a small stammer in the form of affirmation.

"I'm sure Kanae will learn to say Dad first," the Father spoke, leaving the room after changing from his office clothes to more comfortable clothes.

"Not if she says grandpa first!" While her grandfather and her father were talking about which of the two she would choose first, her mother took her from her grandfather's arms.

"Mama, say mama", spoke the her Mother with a soft voice.

"I don't think that would work, dear-"

"ma-ma"

Absolute silence.

Then her mom started laughing while her dad was still in shock, and her grandpa started acting dramatic again.

Kanae could only laugh along with her mom.

-Three Years Old-

Recently, Kanae had wanted to walk all over the house.

When she was learning to walk, it was difficult; her legs did not do what she ordered. But with a lot of determination and willpower, she had managed to take four steps in a row, and then she took more. Her parents could not be prouder. Regarding her grandfather, he had done some kind of ritual later that day to show his gratitude to the deities for such a beautiful and intelligent girl.

Currently, her mother was in the kitchen preparing lunch, her father at work, her grandfather was out on some errands, and she should be playing with her toys, but she already had other plans.

Today Kanae wanted to walk through the whole house; she only knew some rooms of her home. However, she was determined to explore her renowned home.

With some difficulty, she got up from her sitting position and then began to walk. She went from room to room until she entered her parent's room. She had already been there a few times, mostly when Kanae was a little baby and her mother wanted to keep an eye on her due to the fragile state of her newborn baby.

She had not entered this room for some time. She was about to leave it when something caught her attention. It was a full-length mirror. When she was a baby, she had seen her reflection, but due to the poor eyesight she had at that time, she had not been able to appreciate herself properly. With new determination, she approached the mirror to appreciate herself more this time.