"eren? what's up?" carla jeager asks through the phone.

y/n almost feels bad for the dare. carla is the sweetest person in the entire world.

"hey ma," eren starts with a sigh, "i have something to tell you..."

connie urges his lips so that he won't laugh out.

"okay... is everything okay?" his mother questions.

eren nods despite the fact that she can't see him. he wets his lips with his tongue then groans. god i'm such a coward. he thinks. a fucking pussy.

"i got some girl pregnant." he says in one breath after a moment.

carla goes quiet on the other side of the phone. "what?" she whispers, her voice low.

"yeah—uhm, she said she was on birth control and i couldn't find a condom so—"

"eren marie jeager!" his mother shouts, "are you saying i'm gonna be a grandma?"

that's when connie looses it. he snorts and then with a look from mikasa telling him to shut up, he doubles over and starts laughing. sasha has to stop herself from joining him. now was not the time.

"why is connie laughing? did you tell him before me?" carla gasps offensively, "you told cornelius about this pregnancy before your own mother?!"

"mom wait—"

carla scoffs, "no, we'll talk when i get home tomorrow."

and with that, the call ends. eren throws his head back against the couch with a groan.

"thanks y/n." he grumbles.

"yup, no problem!"

the game comes to a close not long after that due to the fact that it was getting late. with the help of his friends, eren was able to kick everyone out of the house before one am. by one thirty, the house was quiet. dirty, but quiet.

"we can clean this up tomorrow." eren yawns. he bends back to stretch out his stiff back.

"would it be okay if i crash here tonight?" connie asks. he's already getting comfortable on the couch, one of carla's handmade quilts draped across his waist.

eren shrugs, "sure, why not?"

eren turns on his heel to go to the kitchen for a snack. hopefully there's still some pizza left.

he's surprised to find armin in the kitchen with a bottle of vodka in his hand.

"hey man." eren greets with a smug smirk. upon hearing y/n admit to thinking about him in a sexual way, eren's ego skyrocketed. hopefully he would get the chance to fulfill his inner most desires after tonight.

"connie." is all armin says.

despite his short response, eren knew what he was talking about. eren pulls open the fridge only to find that it's practically empty. "tonight?" eren asks after a moment of snooping through his cupboards.

armin hums with a small nod. he throws his head back to gulp down a majority of what's left in the bottle of vodka. "when?" eren prompts.

armin only shrugs, "i don't care."

the conversation is cut short when y/n enters the kitchen, already ready for bed. eren doesn't hide the fact that he checks her out, his eyes stopping on her breasts when he noticed her nipples poking through the material of one of his shirts.

"hey sweetheart." armin greets with a small sigh.

y/n doesn't even spare eren a glance and goes straight for armin. she wraps her arms around armin's dainty waist and squeezes, silently uttering a sorry. her apologized is muffled by armin's shirt.

"i'm gonna go get ready for bed." eren hums.

once he's gone, y/n pulls her face out of armin's chest and rests her chin on his pectoral muscles. "i want you know that i would never act on my thoughts, armin. while i have thought about eren in a sexual way, i would never cheat on you. i love and respect you too much." she says honestly, "i don't want you to hate me for that... but i'd understand if you did! because i'd be upset if you told you thought about fucking some other girl too."

armin's lips are tugged up into a smile against his will, but he doesn't hide it. he sets the nearly empty bottle of vodka down on the counter behind him and with empty hands, cups y/n's face. he leans forward to place a kiss on her forehead.

"i know, n/n, and i don't hate you. i trust you." he whispers. in return, y/n squeezes him harder.

"hey! does anyone wanna watch a horror movie?" connie shouts from the living room.

— 👻🔪 —

this was supposed to be the last chapter, but
after trying dozens of way to continue this
without a time skip, i just couldn't do it. so...
next chapter will be the last one and then
this book will finally be done! once it's done
i'll be able to focus more on my other projects!

thanks for reading this far <3