chapter 1

year 2

"oh look at him Hallie!" Sage cried out, pointing out the train window at her crush Fred Weasley, she kicks her feet back and forth staring at the tall boy. her smile is ear to ear, her cheeks bright pink.
"Fred?" i say, staring at her starstruck eyes.
"of course it's Fred" she eyes me, holding her books so tight she was bending them. i rolled my eyes. she had been obsessed with Fred ever since the first year, she never talked to him once, she's to shy to ever do that she tells me. i try to push her every now and then but she never does anything about it.

she watches as he gets on the train and walks past the window, she looks like she's melting.
i notice his twin brother walk behind him. they look so similar how can she tell them apart? she might as well be in love with the both of them.

"George, is that his twins name?" i ask, already knowing she knows the answer. she chats about him all the time, even in our dorm room at night. i don't mind until it gets to the point i think she might be insane.
"yes. Fred was actually born first" she says. i look at her. staring at her because she sounds insane. how does she know that.
"don't look at me like that.. i'm not crazy!" she exclaims. looking back out the window. relaxing her hands and letting her books go back to normal shape.

-

once we arrived at Hogwarts we knew immediately what to do.
our first year was filled with excitement for new beginnings.
we watched all the new first years get sorted into their houses. cheering for our new Hufflepuff friends, welcoming the ones eager and the ones scared.
we knew all about the famous Harry Potter. it was his first year at Hogwarts, everyone was anxious to see what house he would be in.
"Gryffindor!" the hat called out, everyone at the Gryffindor table roaring with excitement.

-

Sage and i chatted all night long in our beds about how excited we were, getting absolute zero sleep for our first day tomorrow.
i had already studied all summer, i wanted to be the best in my class i didn't want to fail my first week. i could imagine the embarrassment of getting kicked out because i was to stupid.
once my nerves had calmed down, and Sage had definitely fallen asleep i was getting pretty sleepy to and soon fell asleep as well. ready for my full day tomorrow.

-

the day went by fast, breakfast was good, it included Sage staring at Fred from her perfect spot at the table and i kept joking on and on about how i was going to go over there and embarrass her. tell Fred she's in love with him. she actually thought i was going to do it and kept begging me not to. i was giggling the whole time.

-

classes were good. everything was pretty easy. but it is just the first day. and it's my second year here.
Sage and I had totally opposite schedules. so we met up on our free period in the library. the library was always a comfort for us. the both of us would climb up onto the window in the back corner, it was dusty and no one would want to sit up there. but we got a view of the courtyard and it was nice in the winter, the fluffy snow covering the grounds, watching the other students laugh with their friends. it reminded me how nice life could be.

"how was Potions with Snape?" asked Sage as she scribbled in her notebook, i bit at my lip, looking down at the students who were scurrying around to their next classes.
"boring, strict, the usual" i laughed. she nodded.
"what are you drawing in there" i ask, trying to get a peak. she's an amazing artist, she doesn't believe so. then again, i don't believe i'm that good at art either.
"nothing" she said, pulling the notebook up to her chest. i furrowed my brows.
"if i show you will you judge me?"
"i'm your best friend"
"alright- alright..." she turned around the sketchbook. revealing a small sketch of Fred. i giggled, covering up my mouth.
"you said you wouldn't judge!"
"i didn't really say that did i?" i said trying to hold back my giggles.

i wasn't judging her. but i admired her dedication to loving one boy and one boy only. if only she would talk to the guy.
"look" she said, pointing at the window. i look down seeing the twins walking by. i catch a glimpse of the smile that appears on Sages face, her cheeks turning pink.
"you're in love" i say, teasing her.
"shut up" she says, going back to sketching.
"hey what time is it?"
she looks at her watch.
"half past three" she says. "why?"
"gotta go, i've got Herbology" i smile, jumping down from the window.
"alright! see you later then yeah?" she says. continuing to stay curled up in the window.
"yeah!" i shout walking out the library.

-

after classes were over i met up with Sage to walk to dinner with her. i chatted all about Herbology. how much i loved plants and learning all about everything. she listened like the good friend she was, listening to every single thing i said even if she may have not understood my weird obsessions.

once we made it to the Great Hall the both of us stuffed our faces with food. we were truly starving. after dinner we had a bit of free time before having to go to bed. so i quickly rushed to the library, i had to brush up on something for Herbology.

once i made it i searched each shelve, high and low.
i found the book, which was enviably to high so  i stood up on my tippy toes trying to reach for it. which ended in defeat, so i began to climb the desk below, there was a ladder but i didn't want to move the big thing.

"oh- let me help you with that" i heard a voice behind me speak up. i was halfway up the desk but quickly climbed down.
i turned around to see a Weasley twin grabbing the book for me. i looked surprised, like i had seen a ghost probably. i didn't expect it. i could hardly tell which one it was. if only Sage was here to tell me.
"thank you" i smiled as he handed the book.
"I'm Hallie" i smiled, extending my arm to shake his hand. i really was just waiting for him to tell me his name so i could figure out which twin he was.
"George" he smiled, taking my hand in his. his soft brown eyes staring into my frosty blue ones. his smile was soft and warm, his cheeks pink. he was so tall up close. but maybe it's because i haven't hit my main growth spurt yet.

"uh- thanks for grabbing that book for me" i awkwardly said, gesturing towards the shelves.
"yeah of course" he said, smiling as he walked back over to the table he was studying at.
i was surprised i had even spoken to a Weasley twin. i couldn't wait to tell Sage and hear her freak out about it.

1277 words.

well there was the first chapter.
sorry if it was totally horrible. i find the first chapter in everything always hard to write.
but oh well, i hope you enjoyed :) -jane.