She and her father had found a secluded spot on a balcony, both dressed in their whites as the sun set on the horizon.

"I am aware." She glanced over at her father before looking at the shoreline, fingers fiddling with her cap.

"I'm not really sure it was for the better."

"Perhaps not for you. But that doesn't really matter, does it?" she snapped at him, shifting to face him now.

"Lizzy, you have been through enough. You don't have to do all of this," he said, turning to face her, his concern evident.

"Stop it!" she shouted at him, earning one or two looks. "Stop babying me. You know I used to think you actually liked that I applied myself to school. But you know what I think it truly was? You were just glad I never lived my life as a teenager should. No, instead I was trapped in a house and scared to tell you I wanted to go to some party!" she said letting out a bunch of pent-up thoughts he had no clue about.

"Lizzy-"

"No, don't Lizzy me!" She was tearing up a bit now. He moved forward, resting his hand on her shoulder and squeezing tightly.

"I just don't want to lose you. You almost died, Elizabeth."

"Maybe I almost died because I was too worried about what you would think of me, like everyone else who seems to die around you," she spat.

She pulled away and stormed off to compose herself, leaving her father to stand there, taken back by her words.

—-----

"He stole your drink," Penny said, pulling Elizabeth from her trance.

Elizabeth's eyes looked over at Penny and then back toward Jake, who was headed over toward the jukebox. She took note of the fruity drink in his hand along with the four beers. He really did have large hands. She didn't even hear him order. She was surprised he even remembered - it had been almost 5 years since she had seen him last. She followed him, meeting him by the jukebox. She carefully took her drink from his hand before sipping the top so it wouldn't spill.

"Thank you," she said softly with a smile, looking up at the green-eyed man.

He looked her over for a moment. Her russet-colored skin glowed in the warm bar lighting. She didn't realize the position they were in until he leaned in closer. His arm leaned against the top of the jukebox, his body relatively close, effectively trapping her in. The proximity made her blush and peer up at him, backing into the jukebox a little more as she sipped her drink again.

"I asked what's wrong," he said, looking into her eyes.

"Oh, nothing, I'm great!"

She gave him a big cheesy grin which made him chuckle. He saw there was something up. He just wasn't going to push it. He simply leaned in closer to her reaching his hand behind her to press the 8 and 6 on the jukebox behind her before pushing off and walking back over to where the pool tables were. She stood there for a moment, a bit flustered. She shook her head and laughed a bit before catching a glimpse of her father again. She stared at him for a moment before walking to the other aviators.

"Bradshaw, as I live and breathe," Jake said, taking the pool pole from a man in glasses. Elizabeth stood a little over to the side, watching as the two. She and Bradley stole a glance at one another before looking back at Jake.

"Who's that?" John asked from next to her.

"Hangman, you look..." Bradley hesitated as he looked over the man, unsure if he should stroke his ego any further than he stroked it himself. "Good.