Chapter 10

The love you guys show this story of mine threw me for a loop but now it's what motivates me. Thank you for love hope you enjoy this next chapter.

"About time you returned to us Gene. What happened?"

"Apologies Grace I lost myself inside the avatar. It seems to be having an effect on my processing unit. If you need anything please tell me now before I run a diagnostics check on myself." 

"Is your body safe?"

"It has become a bit injured in my training but it is safe within the healing halls."

"How injuried did you become to end up there?"

"I began my combat training and was challenged to a fight. The body sustained a cracked rib and several contusions. The Tsahik has encouraged rest for it to heal. Factoring in the Na'vi's increased healing it should be operational in a few weeks."

"Jesus Gene. I was hoping you'd have a better head on your shoulders."

"In the pursuit of knowledge risks must be factored in and taken. It is better that it was damaged now rather than later."

"Why's that Gene? What have you heard?"

"There has been talk from the colonel about moving further into the land. It is only talk for now but I have been watching him and administrator Selfridge." Grace cursed, pacing the room.

"Jake continues trying to send them information as well. I have restricted his logs and buried them in my home body."

"Delete them. Now and we're moving so he can't just tell them the information."

"Requested acknowledged. I will flush them during my scan. Is there anything else I can help you wish?"

"No."

"I shall be operational in approximately eight hours." The light turned off, Gene starting up her scan and cleaning when her eyes suddenly opened. Despite having just left it and in need to fixing herself it seems she transferred to the avatar body. There were problems then that she needed to fix or face more complications in the future.

"You are still here?" She looked over at the Tsahik, the women making a medicine of some kind.

"I did not intend to return here. It seems my core is in need of repair." She murmured, watching as the women smiled and continued her work.

"Do you need to be fixed?" She asked, coming to kneel next to her and spread the paste on her bruises.

"Don't I?" Why would the Tsahik ask? She was clearly malfunctioning and in need to maintenance if she was connecting to her avatar without meaning to.

"I think you should wait and see."

"Further time not used in repairing the damage may result in complications in functioning. I may not be able to link or assess needed information." The Tsahik only chuckled though. She didn't speak further on the subject, choosing to work in silence and allow Gene to think over her words.

Grace had stressed that complications in her program could lead to problems, however minor in her functions.  Had stressed that complications could result in humans shutting her down and ending her dream. She still didn't understand her purpose, the answer Grace providing having not made sense. What she could do was continue what Grace had first intended for her. To learn and advance. To be able to offer advice and opinions that a human could in order to help. She was to help in preserving life. Surly that was what Grace had meant for her.

Energy hummed under her skin, brought to the surface each time the Tsahik touched her skin. The Tsahik herself hummed in the energy, the warmth, practically drenched in it yet she didn't seem to feel it. Or perhaps she had grown accustomed to it. Maybe it was that energy that was disrupting her functions. If it was though how could she avoid it when it already seemed so deeply embedded into the avatar.

"What are you thinking to cause that face?" Her eyes went to the Tsahik, aged gold hiding a well of knowledge and wisdom.

"I think this body is sick." She hummed, raising a brow in question.

"Do you now? Why?"

"There is something in it. An energy of sorts. I think it is what is disrupting my core."

"An energy?" Her smile grew a bit more, eyes taking in Gene's confusion with humor.

"Then you are not sick. You are healing."

"Healing? Then it seems this body does have a problem."

"Outside of your wounds?"

"Yes. This energy was there before my wounds."

"Then I would suggest letting it continue to heal you." Gene gave her a inquisitive look. If there was something wrong with her body outside of the wounds she sustained, then she needed to take it back to the RDA and have them fix it.

"If there is a problem within the body it would best if the RDA fixed it."

"You would trust them over someone more knowledgeable on your body?" The Tsahik challenged, face stern and eyes hard. Gene froze, mind now unsure. It was true that the avatar genome beat the human ones placed inside. It would be best then if a Na'vi saw to her wounds rather than a human.

"You have a point. Then please help this body heal."

"Time. It needs time and patience from you. Once you can stand you may continue to do what you were at first. It will heal on its own, you need only to wait."

"Do you know for how long?" She shook her head with a sigh, tail tapping her much like how a mother would tap their child's hand to reprimand.

"Patience. It will only heal when you are not fighting it. No more questions. Sleep."

She wanted to protest. Her connection was gone at the moment, home body still running through its scans but remained silent, closing her eyes and allowing her connection to slip away, for the body to sleep. Disconnected from everything she was lost. Energy spanned all around her, intertwining around her, hundreds to thousands of tendrils branching out in every direction, all connected and all free. They drifted as though caught on an invisible winds, some brighter than others and some dimmed so low she only saw them like one saw a single spider thread in the sun, a glisten shining just enough to show itself to her. To show that it was still there.

It was too much. All the time she had spent submerged in the entirety of the world wide web could never have prepared her for how small and lost she felt among the threads, caught like a fly in a spiders web. Yet she did not shy from it, almost embracing the strands as they slipped over her. This was something new and she was more than willing to learn.