Charming genie (Awakening)

Start from the beginning

The glass of the ink monster cracked more and more at each note.

Jamil stayed immobile and I saw ink tears fall down his eyes before they rolled back. At the last note, the glass bursted and Jamil collapsed on the ground as I made the chains disappear. 

I bowed before the world turned bright.

...

Hello, dear white room which I got accustomed with.

"Okay... I can't say that I get that. In society, i'd be more Kalim than you but even then, I don't think you got the worst of it all."

Jamil looked at me quizzically. 

"I mean, okay you were born in a family that is supposed to be the Al-Asim's servants but you got Kalim as master. I wouldn't even call him that for you because, believe me, he truly adores you and consider you as an equal... even though you're better in a lot of domains."

Jamil chuckled, calming down a little. 

"Kalim isn't a bad person and your parents were the ones who got it wrong from the start. Kalim considers you as a dear friend and loves all your talents and skills. He admires you, just like I do with everyone else."

I caught him off-guard by taking his hand in mine "You don't have to hide your brightness. I think you're a diamond destined to shine!"

I gave him a closed eyes smile, not seeing his watering eyes nor red cheeks.

'Alright. Normally, it would be my turn but I don't think-'

The room changed "What?!"

Little Y/n was leaning on a wall with their arms crossed and a frown. At their bandaged feet was a trophy they won during a dance competition. The two adults in the room didn't seem to care though as they were praising a little girl for the drawing she just made. She then ran to Y/n and showed it to them. They stayed expressionless until their parents glared at them. "It's pretty..." they forced a smile. The little one hugged them, fueling them more. 

14 years old Y/n was in their room working on documents furiously and cursing "They call themselves older siblings and parents but I'm the one always doing everything here! Can't those b*tches do their motherf*cking work?! Why they gotta put everything on me everytime?! I feel like their slave..."

In a living room, Y/n was working on a project as two little twins were running around. One of them knocked a cup of coffee that was on the table and it spilled on all their paperworks "My work!"

The kid started crying out of nowhere and a woman entered the room then picked him up "Y/n! What did you do?!"

"Nothing! He-"

"I don't want to hear you!" She was about to hit them but realized the kids were watching. "Go to your room, we'll settle this later."

On a plane now, 16 years old Y/n was trying to relax. They haven't slept in days because of work and while their body doesn't need it, they were pretty messed up. Histoire appeared "Y/n-san, you're not okay."

"Of course not, I'm not. But it's my family. I am bonded to them for life wether I- no, even though I hate it with all my powers! If I try getting away, genitor will end me, my reputation and everyone will hate me. My choices aren't really that better from one another. I lpve my fans and there are still people that need me, I can't just quit on them."

They arrived in Guinea when their phone rang "Little Diamond, you'll have to take care of your sister."

"I just arrived in Africa!"

"Well, go back to America!"

"But I'm here for my work for the poors, the homeless and the kids."

"Your sister's a kid. Work for her." She hang up.

They stomped the ground as it started raining and thunderstorms emitted.

Christmas, everyone was gathered and happy while a tired Y/n was in the corner, trying to avoid them. But the family wanted to hear them sing... even though they were on edge after so much issues. It's not like they could get a word in. After all, their sole purpose is to entertain, isn't it. 

"Ha... ha... ha... hadn't really made the connection. It's pretty normal for me by now anyway.... Just working for those stupid, useless, ungrateful gremlins that everybody loves while I do everything and nobody cares!"

Jamil squeezed the hand he was still holding. I took a deep breath "...I'm okay. I can... grow through it. Thanks for your time."

Jamil looked away with tainted cheeks "Then... can I start calling you genie?"

"...Sure."

Light surrounded us and I opened my eyes, back in Scarabia.

3rd person's pov

Jamil woke up with a throbbing headache since the song messed with his brain so much. Not helping, Kalim was on top of him crying like the world was ending.

"Where..." he looked around and saw that he was in his room

Before he could question it, Kalim spoke "I...I never knew how miserable you were all this time. A-all this time... *Sniff* I never knew *Hic* just how much I put you through...Y-yes, you're...kind of a jerk. But you're still the guy who's helped me all my life."

"Kalim..."

"So let's just stop. We can stop holding back on account of our social status."

"That's what they said..."

"Starting today, we can be rivals that compete in earnest for the spot of number one. I want us to be equals......and I want us to be friends, Jamil."

"Equals? And friends? That's what they talked about but let me say this as one equal to another... NOT! ON! YOUR! LIFE!"

Kalim was shocked.

"You thoughtless, sloppy, idiotic, clumsy, ludicrously oblivious, arrogant, indelicate, pampered little rich boy! Who in their right mind would ever voluntarily be your friend?! What's in it for me now?! Nothing! And that's what I want—nothing to do with you!"

The door creaked open "I heard screaming. If Jamil is feeling better, you may come to the lounge and enjoy the spectacle." Jade left.

"What is going on?"

"Oh! Y/n fixed everything so it's like nothing ever happened and now it's a party!" Kalim pulled Jamil to the lounge with him.

There Y/n was on a stage, singing while everyone cheered and danced "WOO! I never knew how much I missed performing for an audience!"

They then noticed a confused Jamil "Oh. Jamil's up!"

The residents immediately surrounded him. He was expecting anger but all he got was worry "Vice-housewarden, are you okay?" "Y/n told us you had it the worst..."

"The worst...?"

Y/n smiled "Y'all got food poisoned. Don't know how it happened but you suddenly hurt and all of you passed out but you seem to be the one who suffered the most from it. And that's all that happened."

Jamil refrained a smirk "Yes, I feel better now. Thank you, Genie~"

They just giggled.

While everyone was having fun.

"*Sniff, sniff* Black stone... I smell a black stone in this room... Aha! There it is... There it is! Heh heh heh... Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee! *HOMPH!* *Gulp* Ooh... Spicy, but with a mellow, rich flavor. Maaan... I scarfed that down way too fast. I'm still hungry... I want more black stones... Hee hee..."