Chapter 3- The North Pole

We continued to go through houses. Charlie was having a lot of fun. I kept him entertained with a couple of games on my phone. And he found a puppy in the bag while we were flying.

I sat in the front with Scott close to sunrise. He was gripping my hand tightly. As we entered a cold land, I shivered. Scott pulled me closer to him as we landed.

"Is this okay, Dad?" Charlie asked nervously.

"No, it's not okay," Scott snapped. "Hey, does this look like home to you guys?" The reindeer pulled the reins from Scott and ran off. "No, no, no! Hey, hey, hey! Where are you going? Come back here! Ah." He sat back down, wrapping an arm around me. A short person walked out. "Hey, hey! Hey, buddy! You, sir!"

The elf rubbed his hands together. He pulled a stick out of the ground. He entered a couple of buttons into it. The ground turned into a platform, and we were lowered into the ground.

It really was the North Pole.

A bunch of elves were around us. The reindeer were in individual stalls. Scott got out of the sleigh, talking to a bunch of elves. Charlie laid against my arm. He was still tired. Some elves walked over that ushered us out of the sleigh.

Charlie and I walked up to Scott. I looked between the shorter man and Scott, curious.

"I'm thirsty," Charlie stated. "And hungry too."

"Charlie, I thought I told you to stay in the sleigh," Scott said.

"I'm here, Scott. Don't worry," I assured him, picking up the boy.

"Who's this?" Bernard asked.

"This is my son, Charlie. And the lady is (Y/n)," Scott explained. "I'm sorry. This is b-b-b-"

"Bernard," the elf said.

"Bernard," Scott repeated.

"Hi, Bernard." Charlie stuck out his hand.

"Hiya, sport." Bernard shook it, making me smile.

Charlie smiled. "Hey, Dad. He called me sport. Just like you."

"Wonderful," Scott said sarcastically.

"Hey, you know what? I got something for you. Okay. Now hold out your hand, alright?" I set Charlie down. "Now, be very careful. This is very old, just like me. Shake it up, Charlie."

Charlie shook it. The little flakes fell to the ground. "Woah," Charlie said. He must've seen something in the globe.

"Why don't you, uh, hold on to it for me for a while? It might come in handy," Bernard offered.

"Thanks. Thanks a lot. I promise I'll take real good care of it," Charlie assured him.

"Make sure you do," Bernard said.

"I will." Charlie nodded. Charlie looked over at Scott. "Hey, Dad, look."

"My advice, when you're dealing with him, his sarcasm is always on high," I advised, looking at the elf.

"Girlfriend or somethin'?" Bernard guessed.

I blushed in embarrassment. "No. I'm his friend."

"Sure." He looked at an elf passing by us. "Hey, Larry, take these two to get some chow."

"Don't do that. Guys-"

"Scott, I'm a year younger than you. I've got Charlie. Go with Bernard," I assured him.

I wasn't led back to Scott until he was in his bedroom. He was already in a new set of pajamas, and Charlie was laying in the middle of the bed.

Charlie was awake, but Scott was barely asleep. I cautiously crawled in after Charlie patted the other side. Charlie moved, so that Scott was laying in between us. Scott wrapped his arms around me, a protective hold encasing me as I fell asleep.