Just Friends? (Takashi Mitsuya) 🥰

Start from the beginning

Giggling, I tossed a piece and he caught it in his mouth, giggling along as he ate it, interlocking arms and finding my friends to sit with in the theater. I was glad that they didn't mind that I brought him along, although I'd have some explaining to do considering we were actually pulling off the whole date thing.

"And hey, don't worry about that guy," He whispered to me, both of us watching as he sat just a few seats away, a glare beaming at us. That glare made the both of us angry, but Takashi gave him something to look at, only making my heart skip more when he wrapped his arm around me, "Just enjoy the movie."

Only nodding, things settled again as the previews showed, then the actual movie began. It was a romantic comedy that was lived up to my expectations. Even Takashi was laughing at the movie and I forgot all about that guy, having a great time with Takashi and my friends.

Towards the end of the movie, when things started to get real romantic, Takashi began to joke with me, covering my eyes:

"I don't think you're old enough for this scene."

"Oh shush," I giggled, swatting his hand away, blushing as I heard my friends whispering next to me:

"Aww, aren't they so cute? When did she have a boyfriend?"

Takashi heard too and I don't think he was pretending when his arm around me pulled me a little closer. Naturally, I rested my head on his shoulder and he laid his head on top of mine, finishing the rest of the movie with smiles on both of our faces.

"Let's get you home, don't want you out past bed time," He joked while checking the time; I just laughed at him, standing along with my friends and taking his hand again, but as he went to take a step out, there was that guy again and he bumped Takashi with his shoulder.

Oh boy, he really didn't know who he was messing with, especially when he spat, "Excuse you."

"We're just trying to leave. So, how about you get moving, you creep," Takashi spat back, my attention turning to one of my friends as she tapped my shoulder and whispered:

"Hey, Y/N. Isn't that the guy who keeps bugging you in school?"

"Yeah," I whispered, swallowing down a lump of anxiety, Takashi letting go of my hand when that guy stepped up to him:

"Who are you calling a creep?!"

"You! Considering you've been eyeballing and bugging my girl during her classes," Takashi never backed down from anyone and the glare in his eyes alone had that guy nearly shivering, "And if she tells me that you've messed with her again? It'll be the last time you do it and that's a promise."

Finally, that creep decided to back down and walk away, letting out a deep sigh of relief, actually smiling at my friends comment:

"You got yourself a tough one, huh Y/N?"

They all giggled it off and I just smiled more when Takashi wrapped his arm around me again, smiling back to them, "No one messes with my girl and gets away with it."

"Let's get home now, hm?" I looked up at him and he nodded, waving to my friends as we all parted ways, "You guys get home safe!"

Hoping on Takashi's bike and heading back home, there weren't many words between us, not till he parked his bike along my driveway, nervous again when I got off and thanked him:

"Hey uh, I just wanted to thank you. I actually really enjoyed the movie and had a good time. I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for you, so thank you again."

"Of course," He slouched back on his bike a little, scratching the back off his head as he tried to play off, "And I hope you didn't mind me wrapping my arm around you and calling you babe. I know that'll be tricky explaining to your friends."

"Don't apologize, I didn't mind at all," I smiled softly, whispering as I admitted, "It actually made me happy."

"Oh yeah?" He was surprised by my answer, but propped his arm up on the handlebars of his bike, "You know I care about you Y/N and if I make you happy, how would you feel about going on a real date?"

"A real date?" I never been on a date before and I was talking to myself rather than him, shaking it off so I could accept with a smile, "I'd like that."

"Since it's the weekend, how does tomorrow afternoon sound?" Sitting up straight, he smiled more at my nod:

"Tomorrow afternoon is perfect. It's a date."

"Sweet, I'll come pick you up then," He leaned over to give me a hug that I melted right into, a flustered mess when he kissed my cheek before sitting back down and starting up his bike, winking before he took off:

"See you tomorrow, Y/N."