Charming genie (Overblot)

Start from the beginning

"You carry yourself like a goody-two-shoes, laughing off conflict with a flippant word or two. To twisted individuals like myself and Jamil... Ah, I mean, to calculating individuals, those remarks are like barbs digging under our skin. I'd say you've been pushing Jamil ever since your formative years. It's not your fault in the least, of course. You were born into a very high social class. As showered as you were with affection from your family and everyone around you, you grew up with honesty and integrity. An upbringing like that would make anyone take certain things for granted." Azul explained.

"I would argue that in Kalim's case, it might simply be a case of a naturally innocent disposition." Jade added.

"Oh... So Jamil is...bad?" Kalim finally realized. "In that case, I'd better get back fast! I must punch him and yell, "Traitor!" I owe him that much."

"One punch ain't enough! You oughta also make him march to the oasis and back ten times!" Grim exclaimed.

"That, and we need to bring him to his senses fast. If we don't, his life will be in danger. And I don't know how angelfish is holding up. They had a strange behavior when we were sent here..." Azul remarked.

"That puts us right back where this conversation started. How do we get back?Walkin' really fast?" Floyd asked.

[How about you use Kalim's unique magic to make a river so the tweels can swim you back to the dorm?]

"What? Was that... Y/n's voice?" Grim looked around but couldn't see them anywhere.

"Angelfish, are you here?"

No answer.

They were perplexed but that plan seemed solid so they listened to the mysterious voice.

"You just need a river, right?Okay! I'm on it."

"Holy mackerel... The river's fillin' up with water right before our eyes!" Grim watched it.

"Let's get moving before the water freezes over, Floyd. Now, Azul and Grim, grab hold of my back." Jade was in his merform.

"Sea Otter, you're with me!" Floyd too.

In the meantime, in the lounge.

Jamil was on a throne with his genie on his laps.

Jamil had a hand on their waist while the other one was caressing their hair and the snakes he had for hair were around their neck

Y/n was conflicted. In another situation, they wouldn't mind that but right now they feel powerless. And their emotions are still swirling as their eyes lost their glint.

He brought them closer and placed a finger under their chin, tilting it upwards to meet his gaze "Don't you think I am a far better successor, my genie?"

They were about to argue but [They're here.] 

'Huh?'

[They just have to get closer now... You know what to do.]

They placed a hand on Jamil's cheek as their eyes turned gold orange "Oh the best ruler is right here indeed~"

They kissed him, making him widen his eyes before closing them and kiss them back.

When they separated, he opened them back and saw them in the reflection of their crown "YOU?! I sent you to the ends of this dimension! How did you get back so fast?" He got up with a hand still around Y/n's waist.

"I filled a dry river with water and we swam back."

"Not that it was a cakewalk, I'll tell ya. I'm pretty worn out!" Floyd added.

"What?! Tch... Now I see. You used Kalim's signature spell. Hmph. So your little trick had a use after all. And here I'd written it off as a worthless spell only good for watering plants or filling a pool."

"Heh. You clearly don't appreciate Kalim's power for what it is, then." Azul said.

"Jamil... Now I see what you've thought of me all this time. There can be no question now. You're a coward and a traitor!"

"Fool. That's what you get for trusting me blindly."

"Face me in combat. I'll win back the housewarden seat you've stolen from me."

"You accuse ME of stealing?Hmph! How dare you. YOU'RE the one who stole everything from ME!" He sat them down on the throne "Now you shall witness my true power! AAAAAH HA HA HA!"