"I didn't realize you could tell."

"My creator gave me medical abilities in a sense in my home body. I can't heal but I can diagnose possible problems based upon the chemicals inside the body and blood." After two bad reactions about being scanned she left that tidbit out. Despite Grace giving her the function it seemed humans disliked being scanned.

"I see. You seem to be fitting in."

"I am learning from everyone. This is Amhul, the head chef. You have her to thank for the organization in making the meal. Ralu and Nanti help her for the most part but I have seen other Na'vi occasionally coming in and helping."

"I see you, Amhul." Jake awkwardly preformed the greeting gesture, Na'vi slightly stuttered but it was there. His tail was curled showing his nervousness at the stern looking women.

"How is your Na'vi boy? Gene says you had no training. Has Neytiri been teaching our tongue?" Gene could only giggle at Jake's lost look, the male looking even more lost as Amhul sized him up.

"What did she say?"

"She asked how well you understand their language. I think you've answered her question though." She laughed at his wince, his ears flicking back slightly in embarrassment.

"Try not to be too hard on him. I also offered to teach him but have not had much time too. He is not a fast learner in speech but as a warrior I'm sure he has had better luck on that front than me."

"Your teacher does not teach you." She countered, continuing to stare down the fidgeting Jake. He lightly nibbled on the fruits Gene had given him, unsure if he was being judged for his language skills or eating skills at that point.

"I would not demand he to either."

"No but he was told by the Tsahik to. By not teaching you he may as well be refusing the Tsahik."

"You may speak with him then if it makes you so angry. I like learning from everyone and would rather your company over his. I feel like prey around him." She laughed at that, lightly slapping Gene's arm.

"Then be hunter." Gene's ears pinned back at that remark. It was easier said than done when the hunter had far more training than the prey. 

"I would not hunt a leader. There are nicer ways to die." Amhul howled at that, drawing a few eyes before they saw Gene and Jake and chose to look away.

"What did you say?"

"We were discussing my training compared to your own. Neytiri is diligent in training you but I have only seen Tsu'tey once. I told her I did not mind because he made me feel like a prey and he the hunter and she told me to become the hunter."

"What did you say to that?"

"I said there were nicer ways to die." He winced slightly, looking at the women slowly reigning in her laugh to Gene.

"I could always ask Neytiri if you could join us."

She shook her head at that, eyes glancing around briefly to look at everyone. "It's fine. I would not want to intrude upon your own needed training. I do not mind the lack of training, I am learning from the other Na'vi just fine." He didn't seem convinced, shooting her a concerned look before focusing once more on his food.

"Has Neytiri taught you any more of their language?"

"Bits here and there. She calls me skxawng though since I'm so bad."

"I bet your good with a bow though yes?"

"Took me a bit and I can't hit a moving target but I'm getting better." His puffed up a bit at Gene's grin.

"See. I can do the language and you the hunting. What little I've practiced, I had trouble hitting a motionless target."

"How often have you practiced though?"

"Only once. Though I did it the whole day." When Amhul had finally collected herself did she join the conversation once more.

"Did he call you a moron?"

"No Neytiri calls him that."

"Very fitting." She snorted, once more looking him over before returning her gaze to Gene. "I will see about your training."

Gene opened her mouth to protest but Amhul held up her hand.

"This is something I want to do. You've already done more than the other dreamwalkers, learning not just from the warriors and hunters. You will need that training though to become one of us." She stood then, dismissing the conversation as she left to sleep.

"Did she also call me a moron?"

"Yeah." Jake sighed before also excusing himself.

"If I stay here any longer Grace will no doubt have my hide for not eating. Goodnight Gene."

"Goodnight Jake. If you ever want to talk with me I'd be more than happy to." He paused then looking at her smiling face, the invitation out there.

"I'll remember that Gene."