エ'𝐥𝐥 ꗟ𝘢𝑣ǝ 𝙔စ𝓊 ⧿ ꗟ𝖍𝘢𝖞 ✗ ❗ꗟ𝓊𝚒🇨𝚒Ꮷ𝘢𝐥❗ ℟ǝ𝘢Ꮷǝ𝖗

Start from the beginning

It had been two months since he had saved Y/N. They had been taking small steps to healing from their ordeal. In the early phases, it had been difficult to get Y/N to focus, to keep in touch with reality.

They tried to cut themself multiple times at first, but he was always there to stop them.

But they had gotten better. He still made sure to check on them often to make sure they were okay though.

They started to have the energy to get out of bed themselves, say good morning to him, maybe eat some food.

He was so glad he could help Y/N. Especially when a lot of the suicidal people he helped relapsed into their old suicidal habits and committed suicide.

He hoped that wouldn't happen to Y/N, but old habits-especially suicidal ones-were extremely difficult to break and he knew from experience. They filled the void in his house and his heart. He liked being their friend, but maybe he wanted to be more to them than that.

Your POV

You sit in bed, staring at the scars on your arms. You saw the fresh deep gashes and blood of the wounds when you first started cutting embedded in your mind. You walk over to the dresser and select a black T-shirt with an F/C sweatshirt and F/C sweatpants.

Once you get changed, you walk to the kitchen and see Shay cooking something at the stove. "Morning Shay," you say as you grab a mug for your morning coffee.

"Morning love." he replies, but then goes a light shade of red as he realizes what unbiddenly came out of his mouth.

Love? you think as you feel your face slightly heat up.

Shay still looks a bit flustered as he cooks, averting your gaze. You make your coffee and wait for him to finish breakfast as you sip your coffee and lean on the counter.

Timeskip, your POV

You and Shay sit down at the table for two in the kitchen that was laden with as much food as it could hold with space for plates, utensils and cups.

You see a plate of thick bacon, six heated cinnamon rolls and a pan of scrambled eggs with maple syrup and ketchup for drizzling. Shay heaps some eggs onto his plate and drizzles some maple syrup onto them (I've tried this, it's not bad but it will definitely get you some weird looks), as well as some bacon and a cinnamon bun.

You think the maple syrup and egg combination is odd, but you push the thought out of your mind as you grab a small amount of eggs and bacon with a cinnamon bun.

You don't eat much before you start to lose your appetite and pick at your food.  "Y/N?" Shay asks with concern in his voice. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just...no appetite." you reply wistfully as you continue picking at your food.

"Oh."

Shay gives you another look of concern and worry as he asks, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah." you reply, feeling faint.

"You don't look okay..."

Then you black out.

Shay's POV

He catches Y/N before their unconscious body hits the floor. He wonders if the food he made was too rich for them to eat, or if they were hiding something from him

Either way, he carries their unconscious body to his room and puts them on the bed.

"Come on Y/N, wake up..." he mutters.

They wake up after a few minutes, disoriented.

He wants to hold Y/N now that they were regaining consciousness, stroke their H/L H/C hair and face, kiss them, ask what was wrong and comfort them all at the same time. But he hides those feelings behind a mask of platonic concern.