Chapter 39: Shocking

Y/N POV

I had made my way back to red zones and turning the corner, I had bumped into the Chief.
  "Geez, you finally show up. Where were ya?" He asked.
I frowned and took a step back, glaring at him.
  "With the professor. And what is the hurry. You just got off break like me. And you have another break in 4 hours. So why the hell are you complaining?" I asked in an irritated tone.
The Chief gave a glare back and turned, ignoring me. He opens 1104XX's room.
  "Your freak is waiting." He spat.
I stormed past him and into the room. 1104XX looked over, and I gave a short sigh as I noticed him trying to tear the cameras down again.
  "May I ask what you're up to?" I said sarcastically.
"Um... Repairing... Yeah." He mumbled, stepping down and smiling like an innocent child.
  "Oh so you know how to repair cameras? Where'd ya learn that?" I said, trying to hold back a chuckle.
  "A manual in the room outside." He said, looking off to the side.
  "Peter, what have we talked about?" I asked.
  "No breaking cameras." He sighed.
  "Exactly. Now let's start your walk. Someone's getting cranky, if you know who I'm talking about." I said, rolling my eyes and pointing to the door.
  "Fucking bastard." Peter growled, walking over to me and glaring at the door.
  "Hey, calm it." I say.
  "Sorry." He mumbled.
We exited the room and Chief Hery followed behind. I needed a way to get Henry to leave so I can explain things to Peter in a not recorded area.
  "You know, I think Benjamin is coming on shift too, right?" I asked, trying not to sound suspicious.
  "He is? I thought that was when you were with 12054X?" Henry asked.
  "Wasn't that tomorrow night?" I asked confused.
Henry was silent for a moment. Please believe it. Please.
  "Well where the hell is the kid then?" He asked.
I gave a shrug.
  "You tell me." I mumbled.
  "Fuck. I'm gonna be late to my meeting then." Henry muttered.
  "Hey I'm sure I can handle him while I wait for Ben. You've left me with him before and nothing bad has happened yet." I said.
  "Whatever. Don't tell the Professor this happened." Henry said.
  "I swear." I said.
  "Mk cya." Henry said, turning down another hall.
  "Ben?" 1104XX mumbled.
We were passing the room Peter had pulled me into before awhile back and I grabbed his arm, dragging him to it. Once inside I shut the door. I looked back over at him and he seemed confused.
  "Y/N? What are we doing?" He whispered.
   "I need to tell you something. But you can't tell anyone. No one. Ever. And you can't react to this loudly cause if we get caught, Professor Williams is going to unassign me from being your doctor. Ok?" I asked in a low voice.
"Yes. I promise." Peter said, panic in his eyes.
I looked down and took a deep breath.
  "Peter... I'm... Er... I'm pregnant with your child." I stuttered out.
His eyes widened in a instance and he looked at me with shock. Soon a smile spread across his face and he pulled me into his arms.
  "Oh Y/N. I'm so happy." He purred, kissing me on the cheek.
  "Peter, I don't know if this is a good thing." I said.
He looked hurt.
  "Why not?" He asked.
  "Well... You won't even get to raise the child... And... Maybe I shouldn't keep it because if anyone finds out it's yours... I'm done. And I'll probably go to prison." I explained.
  "No no.... It's mine. You can't. We... We... Can't do that." He stuttered, tears pricking into his eyes.
  "I know. I'm sorry. I... I don't know... This is... This is all so stressful. I'm... Sorry." I said, placing a hand on his cheek.
He leaned into my touch, tears now rolling down his cheeks.
  "Y/N... No... Please don't do this to me." He whimpered.
  "You won't get to meet the kid though... We can pretend this never happened." I said.
His sad and upset expression switched into an angered one.
  "Then I'll fucking escape." He basically hissed at me.
I froze in slight fear, and his expression calmed.
  "I'll get out. I fucking will." He growled.
  "But..." I began but stopped.
My mind was racing with a million thoughts. What if he escaped and we ran away together? I have enough money to get us out of the country and somewhere decent. No no no! It won't be that easy! But...We could try.
  "Let's wait on that, ok. We can't just act on it. But we better get out. If the Chief finds out we're here, especially after I lied to him, we're dead." I said.
  "Ok." He nodded.
We both exited the room and headed back towards his room. I decided to go over a few things with him, while I waited for the Chief to storm through those doors and flip on me for lying to him. And after about 15 to 20 minutes, I heard the door open. I looked up and over at the door.
  "Very funny, Y/N. Why the fuck did you lie to me?" The Chief growled.
A low growl could be heard from 1104XX's throat.
  "Lie? What do you mean? That's what th schedule said." I said, playing innocent.
  "Well you got the days fucking wrong! It is tomorrow! Not today!" He yelled before slamming the door.
I let out a sigh of relief and turned back towards 1104XX.
  "Well... We pulled it off." I whispered.
  "Now escape." He asked.
  "What? No Peter. That's... Not what I was planning." I whispered.
His smile turned into a frown but he nodded.
  "Now let's continue. Ok?" I asked.
  "Yes darling." He said.

  (Remember to go place your vote on my message on the message board! Read the rules before voting! Thanks!)

(1000 words)