Chapter 18: Walk

Y/N POV

We had turned right, heading down the halls. 1104XX looked around curiously, but made sure to stick my my side and made sure he was still holding my hand. Ben was way in front of us, checking for other doctors or security guards. I was going to stay in red zones for sure, just in case.
  "Quiet halls." 1104XX mumbled.
  "Yes. Yes they are." I said, chuckling.
  "Y/N only doctor?" 1104XX asked.
I shook my head.
  "Most doctors are on break or already in with their patients right now." I said.
  "Hey, Y/N. How do you plan on getting 1104XX something sweet without having to exit the red zones?" Benjamin asked.
  "There's at least one vending machine around here, isn't there?" I asked.
  "Nope. I feel like you should know this information. You've been here longer than me." Ben said, laughing.
  "Oh shut it. I'm not an expert on vending machine locations, now am I?" I asked, laughing as well.
  "I guess you're right about that one." Ben said.
  "No sweets?" 1104XX asked.
  "We'll get you some. I promise." I said.
  "You sure make a lot of promises, Y/N." Ben said.
  "Whatever. But I do stick to them at least." I said.
  "Point taken." Benjamin laughed.
  "Hey Ben. Would you be willing to run into the cafeteria and get something for 1104XX? Pretty please?" I asked, smiling.
  "I guess. Don't go anywhere while I'm gone, other than this area then. Ok?" Ben said.
I gave him a thumbs up and he turned, heading towards the red zones exits. I turned to face 1104XX.
  "Would you like to do this more often? But when I get a for sure answer from the Professor?" I asked.
He smiled and nodded.
  "Great. It'll definitely help with socializing you a bit more, other than it just being me, Professor Williams, Doctor Ericsson, and Chief Henry. Oh and Benjamin." I explained.
We stayed in the area, like Ben had said. 1104XX seemed to enjoy being able to look around. It had been around 15 minutes and finally Ben had came back, but... Professor Williams and Chief Henry was with him.
  "Y/N what do you think you're doing!" Professor Williams asked.
I felt 1104XX grip my shoulders and pull me closer to him. Chief Henry's hand had shot down to his taze gun and a low growl could be heard from 1104XX.
  "Professor! I am so sorry. I knew I should have talked to you about this but I felt like you would have gotten upset and refused b-but... But 1104XX needs this! It'll be good for him! And he's already proven he's trustworthy and listens very well-" I blurted before being cut off.
  "That's enough Y/N! To my office now! Same with you, officer Benjamin! You both will be having a talk about this incident!" The Professor shouted.
  "No! Leave Benjamin out of this! It's my fault and I take the blame! I... I lied to him! I had said you were ok with this!" I stuttered.
Benjamin looked at me in panic.
  "Y/N what...?" He mumbled.
Don had looked from me to Ben before letting out a sigh.
  "Officer Benjamin. Leave now. Chief Henry, take 1104XX back to his cell. And Y/N, let's go." Professor Williams said.
Ben looked down and walked off. Chief Henry began to approach us and 1104XX pulled me closer.
  "1104XX... Go with the Chief. I will hopefully see you later." I said, pulling out of his grasp.
  "No... Y/N stay. Please?" 1104XX begged.
  "I can't. I'm sorry. Please behave for the Chief, bud?" I asked, giving him a reassuring smile.
He looked over at Chief Henry with a glare.
  "Let's go, 1104XX." Chief Henry said.
1104XX gave me one last look before turning to follow the Chief. I turned to look at the Professor, who was pissed as hell.
  "What were you thinking?" He asked as we walked in the direction of his office.
  "I know I should have asked and I'm so so sorry. 1104XX was having a break down and I thought maybe to take his mind off of it, we could go for a walk. He was behaving and was enjoying being able to be out of his cell. I think it would really help with his social state and maybe have him open up even more." I explained.
  "I don't care what you think will help with him at the moment. What I care about is the fact you thought you could take an un-contained, dangerous person out of their cell and walk around as if he was some dog who had been kept in a kennel his whole life! He could have freaked out and killed somebody Y/N! Fuck he could have killed you or Ben for all we know. If this rebellious side of you is going to interfere with the safety of your work, yourself, and others, you will be fired! Got it?" Professor Williams explained.
  "Yes sir. I'm sorry. I won't let it happen again." I muttered.
  "You are going to be suspended for 5 days, Y/N. You will finish up your work today and head home. But, you will not be interacting with 1104XX for the rest of the day. I will take care of him till you get back. Do I make myself clear?" The Professor asked.
I nodded.
  "Good. Now get back to work. If I hear from anyone that you were in red zones trying to see 1104XX, you will also be fired." He said.
  "Yes sir. I apologize once more for my actions. I will not let it happen again." I said.
  "Good. Now, I'll see you later." He said, turning down the hall that heads towards his office.
I sighed. Great. Just great. Poor 1104XX. At least I got Ben out of it.

// Time Skip //

Benjamin's POV

Y/N had ended up getting suspended. I felt bad especially since I also agreed to this. But whatever. Chief Henry had just gone on break. I walked over to 1104XX's cell and opened it, walking in. 1104XX looked up. He seemed mad and confused.
  "H-hey... I know I'm not exactly who you were looking forward to seeing b-but... I just wanted to let you know... Y/N was suspended for 5 days. I-i'm sorry." I stuttered.
1104XX got up and walked over to me with a look that could kill.
  "Oh great heavens." I muttered, knowing I was probably about to die.
He grabbed the collar of my shirt.
  "Im sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry! Please don't kill me! I just wanted to inform you, that's all! I promise!" I pleaded.
He let me go with a growl.
  "Y/N gone?" He asked.
I shook my head.
  "N-no! Just suspended. She'll be back in 5 days. I swear." I said.
He looked sad. I thought it was strange with how obsessed he was with Y/N and only Y/N.
  "Too long... My fault..." He whispered.
  "It's not your fault. It was just a misunderstanding." I said.
  "Liar!" He yelled.
I flinched a little and backed up towards the door.
  "Look, I shouldn't be here. I should get going. But, I also got you this. Like Y/N promised." I said, holding up a small bag of candy.
He looked shocked but took it from me.
  "I'll... Cya later. Thanks for not killing me." I muttered, opening the door.
I exited the room with a sigh. That was... More nerve-wracking than I thought it would be.

(Oh wow, the author got out 2 chapters in one day even after she said she was taking a break :D I was hit with motivation broskis! I'm still a little sad and tired but I'm doing better!)

(1309 words)