Chapter 21: Worried, I Was Worried About You

Start from the beginning

Then did he want something from me?

Whatever it was, it was a matter for me to find out calmly from now on.

First of all, I had to sort out the situation I was in now.

Carlot and I were attacked while we were traveling. What happened after that?

Honestly, if I fell off a cliff from that height, he wouldn't think that I was alive.

Would he be searching under the assumption that I'm alive in that situation?

'....No.'

I laughed bitterly.

I was convinced that he might not even search for me, even if I was dead.

Rather, he might think that it was fortunate that the illegitimate child, a thorn in the family's eye, died on her own.

Especially since the last one I saw was Carlot. There was even a possibility that he was covering up the crash site.

Because it was Carlot who hated me the most among the members of the Perdia family.

'Well, this might be an opportunity.'

If I became a dead person like this, it would not matter if I suddenly ran away.

Things worked out for me in the end, except for the fact that I was broke.

Considering the original work, there would be no need to worry about dying if I was outside the Perdia's mansion, the background of my death scene. And I had somehow wound up outside the mansion a lot earlier than intended.

Accounting for that, whether my sister would be adopted or not had nothing to do with me.

But why?

Why does it feel like there is a hole in my chest?

I looked silently at the face of the man who had begun to apply medicine to my other arm while I was lost in thought.

His skin without any blemishes, long eyelashes hanging over his red eyes, and a look that naturally draws attention.

I asked Raeyan, suppressing the urge to touch his soft-looking black hair.

"By the way, where are we?"

"This is where I live."

This simple bedroom was where this guy lives.

"Was there anyone else on the cliff where I fell from?"

I fell right after the last assassin was dealt with, so Carlot should be safe, but I couldn't rule out the possibility that there was another assassin, who hadn't appeared before, that had shown up.

The man's hand, which was wrapping a bandage over a fairly deep wound, slowed down.

"I don't know the situation at the top of the cliff, but...." He began.

"But?"

"It looks like there's a massive search going on in Perdia."

"....search?"

I was surprised because Perdia was a family that wouldn't do that at all.

I can't believe they're conducting a search. Even at the level of family members....?

There was no way the knights would move to find only me. I came up with another assumption.

"Did another boy fall too? A guy with curly red hair....."

Assuming that Carlot fell off afterwards, Perdia would start a search to find him.

But overshadowing my speculation, Raeyan replied firmly.