Chapter 1

The Assassin and the Girl…

Chapter 1

19 years ago….

“Are you ready to make this deal now Howard?” 

Was he ready?  Could Howard really sign away his only 4 month old daughter?  Hasn’t she already gone through enough from losing her own mother at birth? These questions were running through Howard’s head as he was staring at the fire that was roaring in his dark wooded office.  If he made the deal then the people in his community would no longer be at war with the MacMillan’s.  The MacMillan’s were known for being brutal and loved killing.  Being a mob boss just wasn’t cut out for Howard. He was just too nice, and didn’t like having blood on his hands.  That’s why he came up with the truce with his rival Mob boss Vince MacMillan.  There Vince stood with his black Armani suit looking so smug.  If only Howard was the brutal, money hungry mob boss that he tried to portray then he could just kill Vince right here in his office and take over both communities. But Howard just couldn’t do that, not because he was a coward but he truly thought that this truce could work.  Well that was until Vince added an extra part to the deal a few minutes ago.

“I don’t know… How long do I have with her?” Howard asked, god he really didn’t want to know the answer cause no matter how long, giving her up was going to kill him.

“Nineteen years.”  Vince slowly said.

“Nineteen?” Howard asked with raised eyebrows.

“Yes, because when your little girl is nineteen my son will be turning 21.  What better present to give him then a bride?”  Vince sneered looking rather smug at his idea.

God could I really do this?  Just the look on Vince’s face gave Howard the answer, but he had to agree.  He hated sacrificing his baby girl but she would save so many lives. At least he would get to grow up with her.  She would live in a better community than he did growing up and he could teach her something’s for when she has to leave him.  She would have to leave him and he knew it.

“Ok MacMillan… You have yourself a deal.”  Howard reluctantly lifted up his right hand waiting to be shaken.  Vince looked at him, studying him for a second, and then finally looked at Howards hand and shook it. 

“I will assure you Howard, Chelsea will be very well…kept.” MacMillan said slowly. Those words seared into Howard.  What has he done?  He knows how bad Vince had treated his wife, and then there’s how she just supposedly went “missing”.  But maybe Vince’s son wouldn’t be that bad.  He would be only 21 and who knows, maybe in 19 years something could change, God only knows.  Pulling his hand out of the shake, Howard reached for his glass of whiskey and drowned it.  He was going to need another drink.

19 years later (present time)

One of Chelsea’s favorite things to do was walking down the streets of her community.  It was a large community but to her everybody was family.  She loved looking into the windows of the familiar mom and pop shops that she had passed by many times in her life. 

Her favorite store was the local bakery that sat at the corner of Jobson and Garrett.  Lisa’s Bakery was famous for their sweet buttery rolls, Chelsea didn’t just love the rolls but Lisa too.

Lisa was the most beautiful woman in Chelsea’s eyes.  Lisa basically raised Chelsea, she was there for her all while growing up, and also having her as a home school teacher but most importantly she was the mother she never got a chance to have.  From the minute she was four years old and her father took her into the new bakery in town for some of the famous rolls, she fell in love with the place. She used to dream of growing up and working with Lisa. If only life could be that easy Chelsea thought shaking her head.