chapter 2: A LOSS🥺

Start from the beginning

About more than 2 hours,all could they hear was bakshi's crying sound....but no sound of the baby crying......maham showed her eyes to harkha who too got a doubt......

*inside the chamber*

finally she gives birth to the baby with a loud sound......the midwife takes the baby out.....salima and ruqaiya smiled through their tears and could not thank god enough for being able to witness such a beautiful moment......they both kissed bakshi on her cheeks at the same time.....she has fainted as her body has been exhausted......

The midwife covers the baby in a clean white cloth......ruqaiya asks,"what child it is?" but the midwife remains silent....salima grows suspicious,"why is the baby not crying hakkima sahiba?" ruqaiya too realises and is shocked......

The midwife says,"it is a boy begum sahiba....but unfortunately the baby could not survive.....i am so sorry"......the floor came rolling beneath them......the thought itself had devastated them....she continues"if u allow,then i shall inform it to others...."

Salima says,"nahi....you will not do that......ruqaiya already shehensha is worried regarding both the baby and the mother.....if such a news is heard.....then he will really be heartbroken.....you tell him about this....he will hear you..."

Ruqaiya says,"ok.....hakkima sahiba give me the child....i ll take it"

Salima says,"ruqaiya nahi.....u just go and tell the emperor.....u r pregnant....dont take dead child's body at this condition....."  she replies,"rehne dijiye....i promised bakshi to care of this child..... i will definitely hold him....."

She takes the child in her hands and brings it near her face and kisses his forehead......crying her heart out.....she heads outside the chamber......and sees hamida,jalal,harkha and others waiting impatiently.......

She goes there and harkha is happy and exclaims,"ruqaiya begum! how is the child?".....her words made everyone turn to ruqiaya and all were happy seeing a child in her hand......when harkha came near her to hold the baby she went a step back and showed her palm to harkha.....all were astonished including the emperor...."ruqaiya....kya baat hai?"he asks...

Ruqaiya's eyes were filled with tears,"shehensha.....u were so excited for the arrival of him......but seems allah has other plans......he closed his eyes even before seeing the world......." and she cried loud.....everyone kept their palm in the mouth...the emperor didn't move a bit..."what did u say?" ruqaiya replies,"your sister gave birth to a lion shehensha......magar yeh hamare beech nahi raha....he was dead inside the womb and was born......[she looks at the child] may he be reunited with his mother on the day of judgement..."

He cries too seeing what all is happening and turns away from them to a side.....harkha goes to his side and keeps a hand on his shoulder.....consoling him......hamida sks,"aur meri beti?"

Ruqaiya replies,"she is fine ammi......she is sleeping due to tiredness....but the poor girl does not know that her child is no more.....she fainted before seeing his face......"

It was indeed a sad day as the baby was not able to make it.....the family members were equally heartbroken.....then they met the sleeping bakshi......the midwife informed them that she will  wake up in evening......arrangements were made according to that.....and decided that the baby would be buried after the morning prayers........

Ruqaiya and salima were in the princess side until she woke up.....bakshi asked for baby to everyone like a mad woman......and was heartbroken and crying a lot.....shariffuddin too came and after hearing the news he too cried hugging his wife.......he was very much sad as it was a boy toooo......hamida's eyes searched everywhere but was not able to find the emperor she says,"ruqaiya beta.....yeh jalal kaha hain.....i m not able to see him?"

She looks at gul who replies,"he went to his chamber begum sahiba.....he still did not return"

Hamida says,"he should be here no for the final proceedings.....go bring him here"

Ruqaiya nods....and heads to his chamber.....harkha just observed the whole happenning and was silent....

*in the emperor's chamber*

The chamber was very dark and she lighted the fire.....she was able to see his figure in the sofa with his head facing the roof......as soon as he sees the brightness.....he wakes up and asks,"mujhe pata hai tum aaogi"

Dhe asks,"what do u made of urself jalal.....u should be there supporting your sister as this is one of the sad days of her life....."

She sits beside him and he fastly hugs her as if seeing her for he first time......"i could not save that child......what kind of a brother am i?"

She was confused..."the amount of pain u r going through is same for all of us.....but jalal feeling guilty for a mistake u did not commit isn't wise......almighty gives life and takes life......if he has closed one door he will definitely open another one......which will be better for everyone......we are no one infront of the mighty god to question his doings......this too shall pass.....bus hum dua karenge uss baccha ke liye"

He hears and understands what she meant.......seeing his worry she continues......"giving birth to a child is not as simple it seems jalal.....there is a hardship that a mother goes through these 9 months both mentally and physically......kuchi bhi hosakta hai......see even i am also pregnan-"he kept his hand on her mouth and shook his head in a no.....

He says,"why are u talking like this?nothing will happen....i know nothing will happen to both u and the child..."

She says,"but jalal,we have to be prepared for anything......if not for the baby the mothe-"he keeps his hand again......

He says,"sssh.....aap yese kyun baar baar humein akela chod kar jaane ki baat karti hain......what will i do without you......"

She replies."there are also cases "

He says,"if there is no 'you' then what will i do with the child.......i will die without you....remember"

She sees him through her tears,"don't love this much jalal,i will drown in this"

He takes her face in his hand and keeps his forehead against hers and both kiss with tears dripping from their cheeks.....he says,"kabi doobne nahi dunga.....amanat hai  aap meri"

So guys.... That was quite an emotional rollercoaster ride for them..... How do you ppl like the chapter..... Do tell ur reviews in the comments section as they are valuable to me.... If u like it.... Plz do vote it....

What do u think will unfold in their lives in future??? Plz share ur reviews......

Until then, be safe
Always❤