10. The Boat Ride

The Boat Ride

"Seriously!" Said Astra, once Hermione was gone, "And people call me weird."

"Whatever house I'm in, I hope she's not in it," Ron said getting angry. He threw his wand back into his trunk, "I am surprised it actually worked."

"I knew it." Muttered Ron, "It wasn't supposed to work."

"What house are your brothers in?" asked Harry.

"Gryffindor," said Ron. Gloom seemed to be settling on him again.

James raised an eyebrow, "It's Gryffindor! You have to be rejoicing."

"Not a word Weasley." Said fiana, silencing Ron, "You are in my betting list , so no spoilers on this one."

"You are really passionate about this one aren't you?" Asked Sirius, leaning forward. He still didn't get how his brother could have ended up with Fiana.

The said girl shrugged, "If  magizoologist didn't work out, betting has a special spot in my heart."

"You are saying that in a presence of an auror Ms Selene." Said mad-eye Moody.

Fiana merely smiled, "I think you will have more important tasks than a girl with a love for gambling after watching these books...sir."

"Mom and Dad were in it, too. I don't know what they'll say if I'm not. I don't suppose Ravenclaw would be too bad, but imagine if they put me in Slytherin."

"I take full offence, Mr Weasley." Said Slughorn, crossing his arms.

"Don't you open your mouth, Potter," Lily said from across him, where she was seated alone, "We don't have time for another argument,"

"What's bad in that?" Asked Astra. Lately, she happened to know that her parents were in Slytherin. Her godmother was in Slytherin. None seem that bad or depressed to Astra.

"I won't be so sure about Regulas," said Lysandra glancing over to the younger black sibling, underneath the cold façade he wore, was just a sad, scared boy,

Very much like how I had been in my childhood.

Though the former were already dead.

"Well that can't happen now," Said Rabastan, "life would be boring without Fi."

"That's the house You-Know-Who was in," said Ron.

Astra found it a lot more difficult to imagine the said dark Lord attending school and solving homework than she found her doing algebraic expressions.

He flopped back into his seat, looking depressed, "It's got a bad reputation -" then suddenly as if remembering something he stopped, "Sorry, your family was in Slytherin, weren't they?"

"The noblest house for the most ancient and noble family." Said Walburga, her head held high.

Sirius had a very different comparison from his mother but didn't voice it. He had better things to watch.

"Nobody will come here to kill you," said Astra shrugging, "Most are dead and the ones that I know are alive and nice."

"So I get only Andy is alive?" Said Regulus looking at his parents.

"You ought not to worry about it, son ." Replied his father.

Regulus begged to differ with that, considering his parents heaved everything on him, now Sirius was gone. Truth be told, he didn't know what to do, so many expectations and responsibilities. But he didn't voice that out. He never did.