"I am jealous of all the people you have been with. All the firsts you've had that had nothing to do with me. I'm jealous of the fact that someone, him especially, has seen so many sides to you that I am yet to even discover."

Is he drunk?

She knew he was sober. He had held the same glass the entire night.

"Tobias—" He spared her a glance before his thumb traced her lips. It was just enough to make her incapable of speaking.

"How else do you want me to show you how I feel? I really don't know how, Eniola. I have never been like this before. What should I do?"

Lost for words, her fingers lightly brushed his hairline, sweeping over the baby hairs she adored so much.

"You're not paying attention to me." He muttered but did nothing to protest. She took it as a sign to continue.

He always liked head massages and when she touched his hair. It was therapeutic for her as well.

"I should have told you about him earlier," Eniola said, still tracing his hairline.

"There are a lot of things you do not tell me." Surprisingly, he swatted her hand away.

There were also a lot of things he kept from her but she made no mention of them. Fighting with him was the last thing on her mind.

"I am trying to be vulnerable and you're distracting me, Eniola." She laughed at his complaint and let her fingers rest on his light pink lips while he kissed them.

"I'd like to distract you even more if you'd let me." Her voice lowered to a whisper and a smirk stretched her lips when she saw that he had opened his eyes.

"There's no going back from it if you continue." He replied with the same tone but to her, it was a hundred times sexier.

Her eyes rested on the parted lips that she had longed to kiss all evening. He looked funny trying to play hard to get while his lips were slightly puckered up and his eyes closed shut, anticipating a kiss. She did not waste time pressing her lips against his soft ones.

She had kissed him many times but the sparks remained as his big hand cupped her neck, pulling her in. His tongue slipped into her mouth as another hand gripped the soft material she wore.

"Take it off."

She pulled away in disbelief, wondering if the voice actually came from him.

"This..." He said, tugging at her pajamas, "Take this off."

"Say please," Eniola said, holding his hands in place before they wandered too far.

His shocked face was worth it.

It morphed into an unimpressed look as he lifted her and dropped her beside him. It was her turn to be taken by surprise as he stood up and walked to the door.

"You're really going to leave? Now?"

Tobias chuckled as he leaned against the door and turned the knob, successfully locking it.

She smiled.

"The last thing I want is having Varo interrupt us for the third time."

He pushed his hair away from his face as he made his way to the bed, smirking as she suddenly moved back and was forced to stay in place when her back hit the headboard.

Tobias caught her by her ankles. "Come on, I don't bite. Or would you prefer it if I did?"

His hand captured her neck again, drawing her into a melting kiss as she felt his hold tighten. His tongue against hers was almost as good as her oxygen being caught off. He pulled away, leaving her as a panting mess as his eyes met with hers.