Chapter 26

(Chapter song ‘Goddess' by Nation Haven)
CASS

Ember comes from the hall where Pucks room is.  “He’s passed out.”  She held up a bottle of brandy.  “Apparently, he held a little party while we were gone.”  She drops it on the kitchen island. 
I shrug.  “Ok.  We just give him the feather in the morning.  No big deal, right?”
She takes off her jacket.  “I guess it’s not.”
I walk up to her and slide a hand behind her hair.  I lean in and give her the softest kiss I could.  She whimpers on my lips and I grip her hair.  I pull back a bit.  “Let’s go to bed.”  I whisper.
I don’t even wait for an answer.  I kiss her again and pick her up.  I carry her to our room and close the door.
There’s definitely something in the air tonight.  It’s light.  Sultry and sensual. 
I feel it.  Desire. Passion and beautiful ecstasy.  I feel it growing in me and around me.  The way my heart feels is nothing like I felt before. 
The waves pulse out.  The power from the angel feather fills me and makes me want Ember and claim her as mine.
I gently lay her down and cover her in slow, devoted kisses.  She quietly moans as I lift her shirt and pull it over her head.  I kiss the cleavage of her breasts and slowly take off her bra.  My mind fills with lust, my heart fills with love as I slowly take in each nipple and lick them.  I suck them just enough to make her arch and moan. 
I watch her practically float on the blanket as I sit up and strip off my clothes.  The moon through the window makes her skin glow.
My lips float around the smooth skin of her stomach.  My hands caress her with such delicate care, it drives my wolf insane.  I want to just take her, but I want her to know my love for her.  I want her to feel what that feels like. 
I take off her leggings, boots and panties.  I lift her leg to me and take my time savoring the sweet taste of her skin. 
She waves on the bed below me and her arousal hits my nose. 
Soft nips of her thighs has her moaning and running her fingers through my hair.
She arches as my gentle tongue licks the lips of her apex.  My heart is pounding in my chest as I taste her and consume her slowly into my mouth.  I push her thighs apart and lick her clit in tiny circles before sucking on it. 
“Yes…”  She breathes.
“I love your taste so much…”  I pant. 
I feel the pulse from feather increase and my licks become a little more vigorous. 
“Cass…God, yes!”
I insert a finger and rub her clit with my thumb.  Her pussy is so wet and tight, my dick hurts as it throbs.  Not yet.
“YES!!”  She moans louder.
I feel her walls tighten and speed up.  Her wetness flows and I add to her orgasm by licking her harder.  “Come for me, love.”  I quietly growl. 
I gently nip her clit then rub it some more.
Her pussy tightens even more and her thighs shake.
“CASS!!”  She arches right back and screams.
“Yes!  Baby…That’s it!”  I lick her harder to extend her climax as much as possible. 
Her juices soak me and I can’t get enough. 
She’s screaming and writhing on my hand. 
I pull my finger out and climb up her.  I get to her lips and kiss her deep.  I fist myself and slowly push in.  She moans as I kiss her hard.  My dick hardens even more at the feel of her wet, tight pussy.
I break the kiss.  I place my forehead on hers and lock her eyes.  “Feel me.”  I whisper as I pull out and push in. 
“Cass...yes…so good…”  She pants.
“You’re so beautiful…”  I say as I stroke her cheek and chin. 
I rock my hips even more, lifting her legs to get even deeper. 
My hands slide down to her ass and I cup her cheek, lifting her up slightly as I kiss her. 
I want to caress every inch of her beautiful skin.  Taste her.  Be consumed by her. 
I hold her tight as I go slow and passionately.  It almost kills me to go this slow, but this is for her, not me.  My love for her fuels my need to worship her and give to her like a goddess needs. 
Her moans are sensual music to my ears.  Her heart is what pushes me more to please her. 
I lift up and kiss her again as I thrust deeper and harder.  It feels like heaven as I make love to the most seductive creature on the planet.  My length fills her a little faster.  She wraps her arms around my shoulders.  Her nails dig in and it makes me tense.  I absorb her and stroke even harder. 
“YES!  CASS…LIKE THAT!”  She cries out.
I hook her leg and concentrate on her body and my hips drive my dick as deep as I can go. 
“Fuck, Ember…I love you so much…”  I grit in her ear. 
She kisses my face and I shove my tongue into her mouth.  I grip her hair as I go faster and harder. 
I hold her wrist and nip her neck.  Her pussy tightens and I feel her orgasm building again.
“Ember…” I almost whine as my climax crests. 
My back tenses and I push up on her more.  My dick swells and balls start to rise.
“Come with me, love.  Come with me…”  I stare into her eyes.
“Yes…Yess….YESSS!  CASS!”  Her body turns into a passion filled earthquake.  Her come soaks me and I can’t hold back.
I hold her head and keep looking into her beautiful blue eyes.  “Yes, Ember…” 
I don’t change my pace as my come coats her inside.  I moan and grit as my strokes empty every drop in her. 
I bruise her lips as I slow down and stop.
My lips devour her.
Her scent infects me.
The angels love surrounds us.
I’m lost in her.  I never want to let her go.  Tonight, I’m showing her my love will be all she’ll ever need again. 
I break the kiss and lift my head.  My eyes float over her face.  “I want to ask you something.”  I whisper.
“What?”  She’s still breathless.
“Stand under the moon with me.”  I search her eyes as I feel the electric touch.
Her brow furrows.  “The Blue moon?”
I chuckle.  “Yes.  The Blue moon.”
She looks away then back at me.  “Cass, it doesn’t work like that.  I’m not one of you.” 
“I have to know, Ember.  I feel it.  There’s something big here.  I love you so much.  I’m so sure.  It can still work even if you can’t see it?”  I run my thumb across her bottom lip. 
“I can’t mark you.”  She says quietly.  “I’m not even sure you can mark me.  Cass, it can’t work.” 
“It can.  I’m sure of it.  I need you.  I don’t want you to leave.  Please.  Don’t leave.”  I shake my head.
She licks and bites her lower lip.  “No, Cass.”  She pushes me off her.  “I won’t stand under the moon with you, but I promise, I’ll fix you before the moon so you can find your fated.” 
I pull the blankets up and lay on my side.  “I don’t have to.  I already found her.”
She rolls to face me and I cover her shoulders.  “I may not feel like it, but I’m saving you, ok.  You have to trust me.”  Her eyes plead with mine.
‘Trust her.’  Caliels words show up in my mind.  This is what he means.
I roll her over and pull her into my chest.  “You’re right.  I’m sorry I asked.” 
She gently rubs my forearm.  “Don’t be.  I know where it’s coming from.  It’s not your fault.”
“Yeah.”  I bury my nose in her hair to get as much of her scent in me before she’s gone forever.  “It was silly to think.  You’d have to become a shifter to do it anyway.” 
“Yep and a love bug is just way too much fun to give that up.”  Her words trail off in the end.  It gives me pause for a moment before I close my eyes and settle into her.
Too much fun.  Don’t I know it.  So much that I don’t know what I’m going to do without her.  I can only pray that when she takes this away, I won’t remember or feel any of it.  Then I can just go back to being the same old Cass.  Maybe she’s right.  Maybe her kiss will find my fated.  It, at least, would be something for having my heart broken.  If I do remember, then I could have something to ease the pain of her leaving.  My fated would be special enough to do that.  Ease my pain. 
Ember creates more as I try to fight through her feelings.  She refuses to hear me. 
Caliel is right.  It’s pointless to fight anymore.  I just need to go with this and trust that what she’s doing is right. 
I just have to stop thinking.  It’ll be over soon and then I can get back to normal. 
Even if normal is the last thing I want.  If I had any kind of say at all, I would hold my goddess in my arms, whisper our future in her ear and shower her in my love for eternity. 
But it seems, in this lifetime, that’s too much to ask for.

****

EMBER

My sleep was restless. 
What Cass did last night was the last thing I expected.  I’ve never felt that way in my entire life.  Even Victor couldn’t make me feel love like that.  He filled me with it.  Drowned me.  I gasped for air at first, but then when I realized I could breathe and let go…I loved it.  I loved him.  All of him. 
Could I tell him?  No.  Only because of my own damn heart. 
When he asked me to stand under the wolfs Blue moon, my insides cried.  I wanted to say yes.  I want to believe this is all real.  What Cass gave me sure as hell felt real.  The man knows how to make love, that’s for sure. 
As I sit at the island the next morning, spinning the feather in my fingers, I think about walking away.  I think about trying to develop something meaningful with him.  Can it be done without him eventually losing his mind?  Was there something that Eros didn’t do, that made Psyche go insane like she did?
Maybe I should ask the horses mouth on this.  If there’s anyway I can make this work, I should at least try.  I want to try.  It’s better than watching that arrow sink into his chest. 
I produce a notepad and pen.

‘I have to check something out.
I’ll be back.
Love you,
Ember’

I tear off the paper, lay the feather across it on  the island and blink to the head office. 
After saying hi to Persephone, I stand in front of Eros’ office door.  I give a couple of hard raps.
“Enter.”  I hear from inside.
I open the door and walk in. 
He’s sitting on the couch in a pair of shorts and no shirt.  His bare feet on his table.  He twirls his drink In his hand as he leans his elbow on the arm of the couch.  “Ember.  I was wondering when you were going to show up.”  He smirks. 
I give a bit of a smile and blink at him as he takes a sip.