New adventure

The trees were silent, as they had always been. Only this time it felt weird. It felt like they were ready to wake up, but waiting for something. It made me uneasy. 

I shook off the feeling and looked up at the lampost, intrigued by the light coming off of it. How was it possible? Was it some kind of little sun? If it was, did a whole other universe revolved around it? Maybe the butterflies flying around it were the planets and meteors. 

I decided to leave the Little World alone and took out the rings from my pocket. They seemed a little bit smaller now, strangely. They could probably fit me, whereas they used to be both too big for me. I blinked, looked around, and put them around my right and left fingers. 

Immediately, they began to glow, almost as much as the Sun of the Little World. I frowned, curious, and started walking through the forest. They glowed brighter, and I assumed I was doing the right thing. 

Suddenly, my legs started tingling. I looked down at them and they were also glowing. If I wasn't confused before, now I certainly was. Why were the rings glowing? Why were they leading me deeper and deeper into the forest? Why were my legs --no wait, and my horns now -- glowing? What was happening? Has Aslan lied to me? Was he the one doing this? No, he wouldn't hurt me. Despite having encountered him only once, I knew that. 

Suddenly, the trees started moving. Slowly, they stretched their limbs and dislodged their roots from the ground. They moved away from me and created a pathway, leading to double doors. Only double doors, nothing around or anything to support them. They seemed to be holding up magically, and with the day I had, I decided that it wasn't so far-stretched. 

I had to admit, the scenery looked quite charming. The sun played with the leaves and illuminated the dust in the air, creating charming lightning. As I walked the path, it made me think of a royal court, as if I was a princess, or a Queen, walking toward her throne. 

I placed my hand on the door handles and opened them. 

- - - - - - - - - -

The High King Peter and King Edmund walked out of the How heads held up and shoulders squared. The duel that was about to happen would decide the life of their people, and the future of their nation. 

On the other side of the field, the false king glared at them while bandaging his hand, hatred in his eye, mixed with a little bit of fear. He wasn't worried for the fate of the Telmarine -- he had never been --, only of his own life, as he had always been. He was a selfish king, serving only himself. 

He turned to his commanding officer "If it should appear to be going poorly..."

The officer, Glozelle looked at the crossbow he was holding and nodded, understanding the message. The king should have chosen better people to surround himself with, he thought.

Nonetheless, he responded, "Understood, my lord."

Peter drew out his sword in a big movement, demonstrating his energy, and Miraz did the same. They circled each other, like two predators fighting for a piece of meat would.

"There is still time to surrender," Miraz uttered. For himself or the man in front of him, he didn't know.

"Well, feel free," Peter smirked.

"How many more must die for the throne?" Miraz asked.

Peter shrugged and lowered his helmet on his face, "Only one."

The High King didn't lose time and jumped at Miraz, sword up. The latter blocked with his shield, and like that, the duel had started.

- - - - - - - - - -